(Work in Progress)
Прохождение (Russian version)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Armor comparative table, individual description
- Tricks (careful, spoilers and/or exploits)
- Cities Map
- Interactive map of random encounters
Flashback: Surface Expedition
You need to collect data from environment monitors - reaching the last two of them will require finding rope + grappling hook and a lever to move some rocks. The hook is in the trunk of the car (use it on the eastern ladder) and the lever is a fallen road sign. It takes a few tries to move aside the rocks on the ledge. You can select any branch of the following dialogue - the game will not be affected by this. You can skip the prologue altogether by telling the doctor you are afraid to leave the vault.
Science 50 allows you to discover your true medical history on the computer behind the doctor (50 Exp)
You can ask the doctor for a stimpak or First Aid Kit (requires less than 35 maximum health).
You can also get a stimpak by hacking the terminal facing the vault door (Science 25+).
No special skills are required to convince the shy citizen to venture outside the vault.
A nosy guard gives you the task of spying on a vault couple: you just need to find and speak with them.
If you talk to Harold and then Stark (or both), Harold will tell you about Richard Moreau and The Hub. After this conversation, the vault doctor will give you a quest to retrieve mutated blood. (There is a pig rat in Vault City; coyotes and geckos are often found nearby in random encounters). Upon returning with the samples, the doctor will teach you how to treat infection at campfires. Outdoorsman reduces the effects of infection on the player.
Peter Graves at the correctional center gives main quests.
Sam returns your belongings (including a key quest item) and gives you the "Special Warehouse Assignment" quest, which will take a very long time to complete. Also, if you steal a magazine from him, then you can get an interesting dialogue, during which you can gain additional experience if you convince him to touch himself. The experience is given in two portions, and to get the second portion you need Charisma (higher than 2, but 6 is enough). After that, you can blackmail him (-5 karma) to get a fuse. You can't get a fuse from both Stark and Sam.
At the maintenance center, Joshua gives you a quest to find a rogue robot. It can be found to the west near Opal Mine, but to get to it you will need a stick of dynamite, which is in a locked house at the southern zone Wasteland. A computer in Joshua's office increases Outdoorsman skill by 3% and reveals the location of the nuclear power plant. The game's first workbench can be found in this area.
If you play darts, you will gain 5% Throwing if your current skill is less than 90%. Bonus experience if you score more than 40 points.
At night, one of the lights by the exit grid leading to Opal Mine will be flickering. A repair skill of [at least 38] will net you 100 Exp.
At Opal Mine you can find a holodisk (give to Joshua for decoding), an underground ghoul - it is worth talking to him more carefully (requires 9 Intelligence to uncover his full history), a robot for Joshua's quest and a pig rat for the mutated blood quest.
Use the outhouse pot at the entrance to this locality if you have at least 7 luck. You'll get poisoned, but can find useful items (including a dynamite stick or a Molotov cocktail to destroy the nearby bolted door).
In one of the tents you can find a locked chest with some valuables (for a slight karma loss).
You can pick a fight with Mike in the bar (preferably with Unarmed 60% or more). After that, you can buy a power fist from him. $3500, or $2500 with Barter 60. It's expensive, but it's the only one for a long time. If you lose, Mike can train you in Unarmed by 3% ($200). Winning grants bonus experience.
Practically all quests here are given by William (good karma) or Justin (bad karma) and you can receive more than one at once:
- Help Jasmine or make her leave (or kill her): To treat Jasmine, first ask old man Jed, who will tell you about nightshade berries. When you find the berries (found at vendors, drug dealers, and growing on tall green plants), Jed will tell you how to craft Blood Purifier for treatment. It takes Doctor/Science 30. You will also receive a bonus poison recipe Horsekiller. Be sure to only give Jasmine the blood purifier via her conversation portrait, otherwise, she will not be cured.
- Help the slaves or make them leave (or kill them): Talk to them and then remove their collars (you need a Traps skill of 35), you can then offer them to help around the town to be able to stay (Justin & Eugene will be angry (again) but they're all bark, no bite). Keep at least one collar for yourself to be able to craft a unique power first later (see Lovelock). If you sell all the collars (most profitable to sell to slavers), you can get more later from dead slaves or a certain special encounter.
- Find the missing brahmin: Talk to the kid who was guarding them. Speech check of 25 will make him confess he fell asleep, or you can learn this from Jasmine. Then you need to inspect the fence (hunt for the pixel with your mouse, should be a loose plank on the upper left side). Then examine the brahmin's remains and ask Justin about the bullets which will point to Bolt. Then talk to Bolt and decide how to proceed.
- Find out what happened to Milo: To search for Milo you first need to go to Gerlach and talk to his wife. There will be a note on her desk (a bug can occur where you can't reach the note, but it's not necessary anyway). If the note is unaccessible you must first get the quest, then talk to Gerlach about Milo's disappearance, then to Milo's wife, who will then tell you about what he was wearing, then go back to the undertaker/grave digger Bob in Black Rock and convince him to confess everything (he is wearing Milo's boots). You need either bad karma, Speech 45, ST 8, or good reputation in the settlement. You can then either talk about it to Eugene, Justin or William (if you care about detailed lore). Ideally you should talk to Eugene first and he will tell you more about involvement into Milo's death, with a speech check (25) you can convince him to leave the raider gang. Otherwise if you talk to Justin or William first, Eugene will leave (forever?) but in any case this quest will be considered finished and you will receive a final one along with a radio (from either of them).
- Save the caravan: Use the radio and go to the signal location. There'll be raiders waiting for you at the cave entrance, the caravan is trapped inside. Raiders will offer you to kill caravaneers or lure them out (bad karma). Or you can kill the raiders instead - you are most likely not ready yet for a direct fight, so there is a better way - make sure you go inside. In the upper right corner there are a couple of radscorpions, kill them to take their tails if you don't have them yet. You can proceed to the caravan people and talk to them or just pass them directly. If you talk to them you can learn how they became trapped, and either lure them out to raiders, go out with them to fight the raiders (makes the direct fight much easier) or tell them you need to think. Best to proceed to the empty part of cavern on the left, if you get close to the left side wall you will get a console message "there's a fresh breeze blowing" and you will easily find a hidden exit. Once outside best to use sneak mode, there is a nightshade plant outside for Jasmine's quest if you didn't do it yet. There will also be a fireplace that you can use and it will give you the option to poison the raiders stew pot, for that you will need to either make the horsekiller poison with nightshade berries or just throw in radscorpion tails (you need 3). Then just go back inside the cave and wait an hour or two for the poison to take effect. Come back out to find the raiders are dead, loot their corpses and inform the caravan people that the raiders are dead, after that you can return to Black Rock and trade with the caravan leader (he will also appear in Black Rock every 10th day of the month and stay for up to one or two days). Return to William for a reward, you can pick a 20% discount for all future trades or pick a unique upgradeable energy pistol "Lucky" - Dave from the house next to tents will upgrade it for you if you bring him 250$ worth of gecko pelts.
After recovering from infection Jasmine asks you to help her find a boyfriend. There is a special dialogue here for Gravediggers, but normal Speech can be used on the undertaker/grave digger Bob, then talk to Jasmine about him and convince her. (You need to repeat the "Now that you're cured, will you be alright in this town?" line to get to where you suggest Gravedigger Bob)
Later in the bar you will find prospector Mark in the upper right corner (see Fallout: Nevada#Metal Detector).
There is a man here that is about to be burned at the stake. If you save him using Speech (65+) or player age (35+), Gerlach will offer a modified submachine gun as reward for repairing the pump. If you let them burn the guy (or just leave the site and come back in a couple of days), Gerlach will offer several different "guns" to choose from.
Once rescued, Steve will upgrade leather jackets and/or fix the water tank in Lovelock free of charge - the latter will only happen if you fixed the water pump here as he isn't allowed to leave the town yet. If asked for payment, his sister will point out a stash of items behind Gerlach's house (shovel required) but do this after Steve makes the upgrades or fixes the water tower or he will refuse you. Gerlach will ask you about snooping around his house but nothing will happen.
In the last room of the big house on the right, you will find Milo's wife for the quest from Black Rock and a note on the table (you probably can't reach it until the residents move but it doesn't affect anything).
The hunter Evan will teach you how to hunt Geckos and eventually teach you Gecko Skinning. If you ask him about traps during the first hunting quest, he'll increase your Traps skill by 5%. His quests are tied to using a hunting whistle . In the egg chamber (second hunting quest), you can find a torn jacket, which, with the help of a workbench and the skin of a silver gecko, can be turned into a normal leather jacket (Repair 35+). Up to half the geckos in the cave can be killed without failing the quest. With the combination of sneak skill, running and timing, you can avoid killing any geckos, pick up all the eggs (14 total) and any other loot. Once you are back outside, he ends up taking 10 eggs for himself and the rest he gives to you and tells you it's best to sell them in New Reno (restaurants) for most profit (with barter check you can increase price slightly more there).
Afterward Evan will mention the existence of a legendary scorpion out in the wastes. This tough critter has a high amount of hit points and deals a lot of damage plus poison. Kiting backwards while firing energy weapons is a viable takedown strategy, if you can, aim for the eyes - it should make the fight much easier. Slaying the beast yields 500 XP and an armor crafting component, the rad-scorpion shell. The shell can be used to create the Chitnous armor at a workbench with a repair check and golden gecko pelts..
Should you choose to move the settlers to Vault City later, make sure to do the Black Rock quest involving Milo first. To persuade the residents to move you need good reputation or Speech (70+). Trapper Evan will stay behind regardless along with Gerlach himself.
Upon arriving you will be met by hunters Makozid ("the Bear's Paw") who will follow you everywhere you go in this area until you are trusted and Gekek ("the Hawk"). Go "up the hill" and right of the water tank is the tent of their leader Ogima ("the Black Cloud"), talk to him about the tribe and ask about what they need. He will give you a couple of quests:
- Fixing the water tank: Fixing might depend on your skill, with scrap metal (2) or scrap metal and a welding machine (available in the Wind of War or Poseidon Oil). Alternatively you can ask the tech savvy Frank Cochrane in New Reno (Railway Station) to do it for some money (there is a chance that he will not come back later), best and cheapest option is to ask Steve from Gerlach to do it for you after you saved him and fixed the pump there.
- Clear the corn field of carnivorous plants. Go west and kill all five. There's a shepherd next door who offers an unknown... Price depends on barter skill (150$ for barter skill 50 and 10$ for barter skill 300) . You can trade it for a regular leather jacket, but you're gonna have to take it easy. He sells a toaster that will be useful for crafting a unique power fist. He also has a broken laser pistol, which you can repair at a workbench. He can also be talked into "lending" you his spear to fight the plants (if you return it later he will be surprised about your honesty and let you keep it).
You can also talk to him about the Raiders and what to do with them. You can tell him that you want to help and he will point you to Gekek to take you to the raiders area (this is totally useless though as you can easily just go north of his tent..).
The tribal shaman can be conversed with by the graves at night. The rest of the time, he won't want to talk as he's supposedly busy with a ritual (but really he's just walking around all the time). He won't speak to you if you are considered one of the raiders.
There's a warrior (Acabidab "the Tall Bison") near the food shed, and his friend, Silent River, is missing. You can find him at Luciano Ranch in New Reno. Buy him or help him escape (requires sabotage or Science skills and clothing. A worn out leather jacket stolen from the dryer's ropes from raiders is ideal for this role). When you return after saving his friend, he will raise your melee weapons and throwing skill by 5% and if asked, will sharpen some regular spears until he runs out of flint. After saving Quiet River, you can talk to him about hunting together. For this you will get a spear and the Gecko Skinning perk (which is a slightly easier alternative way compared to Evans in Gerlach).
There's a lift bridge next to the shepherd, which can be fixed using rope. There are planks next to the house, so you need to lift them up with strength of 6 or more. And if you don't have the strength, you can ask the shepherd to help you (with good town reputation). They will complete the repairs (40). There's nothing very important in the cabin, but it's a nice bonus to start the game. Rope is in the basement of the raiders.
Make sure you talk to the The tribal healer Niskigvan ("the Ruffled Feathers"):
- He will give you a quest to find a backpack with herbs - raider called Diesel has it , who will wager you for it (Luck 10 and 100% Gambling does not guarantee a win). Alternatively kill the raider.
- Medicine - convince him that science are just as good as his ways (you need a Doctors or First Aid skill of 40), this will raise your First Aid by 5%.
- Ask him about the kid Makkon who is lying in his tent, you will then need to also talk to Ogima about helping their healer (if you have proper skill he will allow you), then you will need to pass the healers test .
- Answers: the small intestine, was not affected by any vital organ, it is where the feces are, a few weeks, disinfect with alcohol, lowers perception, only time breaks addiction.
- Then there will be the healers test on your special characteristics: agility, perception, endurance, to be healthy, not irradiated, not poisoned and not dependent on drugs - best outcome he will be envious of your performance.
- You will discuss the list of things necessary for the operation: You need clean water, a scalpel (or a war knife or knife), a first-aid kit or doctor's suitcase, alcohol, pliers and two stimpaks.
- Operation itself will depend on the set of tools available (best items possible: for example the scalpel compared to a knife), the doctor's skill, and the success of the healers skill test. With the best possible outcome you will receive the maximum number of experience points [5000 Exp), Makkon will comment that he is able to run again and your Doctors skills with be improved by 5%.
If you perform raiders quests for Big Louis (after handing the suitcase on the "courier" quest), tribe leader Ogima will refuse to speak to you about the raiders. You can only talk about it to him again after killing all the raiders (do not poison them).
With a very high reputation and strength of 7, you can fight with the hunter Makozid who followed you everywhere through the village. He can also improve your Outdoorsman skill.
It is also possible to access the radio station Lovelock when the reputation is very high.
The raider base can be neutralized in two ways (ideally and for most experience points first do all the raider quests):
- kill them all on your own
- poison the water tank. To do that, examine the tank and apply three doses of Horsekiller poison. Only Big Louis will survive if you don't send him to Vegas. (With poison, there is a small but useful bug. "Tricks Nevada" reference at the beginning).
The best way to make a normal deal with raiders is to just go to their area and if/when one of them notices you he will run towards you (or if you time it right you can escape back to the tribe). Unless you refuse to come with him he won't fight you. This will take you directly to Big Louis. Make sure your karma is below 250 or most of the quests will be closed and you won't get a chance to join their gang. Instead you will be sent directly to their ring to fight several raiders in a row (and most likely die as a result at this point). Small advice: go to Big Louis as soon as you arrive to Lovelock (most likely you won't have too much karma or have the perk, which doubles karma) and join his gang.
With Diesel you can play not only for the healer's backpack, but also win other items (with 300% of Gambling skill and Luck of 10 you will always win). The difficulty grows after each victory (you will also get experience for each victory). Also it is possible to buy it back or to offer having sex (female character, Charisma 5). If you decide to have sex with Diesel, for some reason, he will then lie under the table. Of course it would not be a a Fallout RPG game if there wasn't an alternative way:
- The healer's backpack can be picked up in a cheaper and simpler way (and make your real life easier by not driving you frustrated). It takes a few manipulations to do that. To begin with, steal the deck of marked cards from Diesel (well of course he's cheating ). Replace it with a regular deck of cards (there are cards in the same location), without any cards at all he refuses to play, complaining that someone stole the cards from him, and he refuses to play your cards for fear that they are marked (guilty conscience). Voila. Next, it's a matter of technique/time (load, save, repeat and say cheese) and you'll win the healer's backpack and a couple of more things (psycho, some drug gum, weapon & ammo). Luck level 5, gambling level 14%, theft level 20% .
When Fatty Jackson goes to the bathroom, you can steal the liquor from the liquor cabinet/still, upon returning he will be angry that someone stole from him but nothing will happen.
Mold can be given some alcohol. Then he's gonna demand all sorts of drugs, and then he's going to die. First the alcohol, then the healing powder, the antismoker and the psycho. Before the psycho, you can pick up his gun (and karma will be lost for delivering drugs to him).
There's a group of raiders around a table where the supposed "right hand man" Ripper is talking stories, you can talk to him but won't get much out of him, he is "important" later.
There's a wooden fence in the upper right corner of the location. If your Strength is high, you can disassemble it partially and get access to the stash that Fatty Jackson is hiding (you can blow up the fence with explosives with a timer or break with a tire iron). On the left, you can steal a worn leather armor that dries on a rope. It's perfect though for one of the tribal quests.
There are some useful things in the basement, including a crowbar (if you use it on the box in one of the rooms, you can see that things appear in it at random.... you can get the ones you need more. Works for any such box).
On the second floor in the empty room there is a recipe called Mickey's Revenge on the table. There are dice there for those who like to make fun of the casino.
If we poison the raiders, Big Louis will walk on the first floor and kick them. But if you talk to him - he can give his quest, then attack or you will be sent into the ring, where again you will fight several raiders in a row (he won't talk to you if you talked to him earlier).
You can find some items outside their buildings, from broc flowers to other things, in the ruined building to the right there are three land mines that you can disarm (might take several load/save attempts to be successful and not blow yourself up).
Big Louis' quests
If you decide to talk to Big Louis peacefully, you'll have to remove the money from your inventory, or he'll take it away. He also takes away lighters and some other things. Alternatively just use steal skill and take it back after the conversation. He will give you a bunch of quests:
- The first quest of Big Louis is to rob the Hawthorne military base. There's nothing particularly complicated about it (hint: sneak your way in to the hangar 9, get down stairs, there you will find a computer in reactor room which you can disable all turrets in the area or kill all the turrets with scoped Hunting Rifle), report back.
- The second quest is to shake off Stryker and the tribute is to be made by ( Small Weapons, Unarmed or Speech 60), otherwise you will be sent away (he will also mock Big Louis the entire time). Alternative way of completing the quest is to kill Stryker (but this gives you only 500 exp).
- The third quest is to deal with Maxon (a caravan guy) at New Reno. A gatekeeper (little boy near the caravans) will tell you who he is for $50 or by threatening him (or you just ignore the kid). Then you need to interview the caravan people (he is the bald guy) - when you have Perception of 5, you'll find out he is Maxon. The next choice is to kill him or help him escape. But he'll only believe you want to help him with a Speech check (25) (or Charisma 5?). For this we are also going to need a shotgun to make a trade for his. It is a unique shotgun, good at this level, instead of two (2) cartridges it uses five (5). You need this shotgun of his to bring it back to Big Louis so he thinks Maxon is dead.
- The fourth quest is to kill the courier. It's very simple, you will have four extra raiders as help. After the courier is dead, take the suitcase and bring it back to Big Louis. Alternatively you can bring it to Bertolini (in Eldorado casino in New Reno), but Big Louis will be angry, and the quest itself will suspend any further quests.You will end up in the fighting ring.
- The fifth quest is to kill Solomon the dealer (he is in the building behind the Eldorado Casino). There are several options: either pay any dealer 1000$ or with the Strength of 9 or with Unarmed skill 90 to arrange a meeting. Or you can ask the ring leader about the honesty of the fights and with the bribe of 100 he will give you another lead. Then talk to the Rider, he will give a quest to find the points (they are at the bartender Burlesca), after receiving the points will tell you how to contact Solomon. Doctor 50 and Speech 80 will allow you to learn about Solomon without a quest, you need to talk to a man in a green shirt in the slums (room with two children, the man himself is suffering from headaches). Solomon himself is in the room adjacent to Cotton's bar - the entrance through the slums. With an intelligence of 10, you can get to know him that way without any previous hassle. If you ask him, he'll tell you when he speaks eloquently, that he's got some shit to plant Stryker. Speech 70 or Doctor 45 will allow to persuade him to amputate his finger peacefully (note: if you use Speech skill, the chemist will raise the price of his goods). Last quest award - money, experience and rank. The raider's title will piss off the caravaneers at New Reno (you can't use the stage coach, how terrible /sarcasm), and you won't be able to send Nuka Cola through caravans (yet).
After the last quest, Big Louis will say he is tired of this life and that he has nothing left for you (his "right hand man") to do. You can send him to the Hard Rock Cafe to perform on stage, to do this you must first read/use the paper clippings about Louis Armstrong from one of the tables in the room then ask him about Louis Armstrong and his own past. For this you will also first need to travel to Las Vegas and visit Hard Rock Cafe and clear the name of their boss and ask about the empty stage and persuade them to audition Big Louis. If you send him there - talk to him again, his place on the second floor will be taken by Ripper, who will want you to kill Big Louis (can be poisoned). For the murder he will give you $5000 ($6000 for a Barter of 50), and you will also lose your title (but the raiders will stay here). We can talk to Big Louis, he'll make a counteroffer and give $1,000 for the poison. Next, you can poison Ripper or simply shoot all the raiders (which will give a better ending to Cheyenne).
The murder of Big Louis has a negative impact on the end of the game, except in the case described above.
Lovelock Radio Station
The hardest part is accessing this place. Raiders don't know about it (except for Fatty Jackson for 300$ - ask about something secret, the more quests you do/if you become a raider the price will drop), and the tribe needs to be persuaded (very high reputation) or intimidated (if you're a raider). Alternatively you can turn on the radio and follow the signal - for this to work we must first learn of its existence at Hawthorne.
It's all elementary, just scrap metal to fix the generator. Then don't forget to take the key card from the table, which will open all the doors downstairs.
To crack the door to the administrative premises you need Science 75 (or a password from a computer that is being repaired 75), for the rest of the doors there is a master card key card (high Science skilll allows you to crack the door and so on). The briefcase from the safe should be taken to Sergeant Graves for experience.
To use the computer, you need to fix the second generator in the ants room, but you won't be able to contact the Bikers from here.
In the first location "Railway Station" there is nothing particularly interesting except for the pliers above the workbench, they'll be useful. Some rats to fight.
On the second "Dead City" there are more rats and you can "play" on the slot machines with the help of repair (you need a tool - pliers). You can also bust the slot machines with a crowbar to get money.
There's a corpse of a prospector in the building, who's from New Reno. Take a note from the body, even if you don't have the quest. It'll come in handy. There's a broken robot next to the body. It can be repaired (requires Science) and it will disable some of the land mines.
On the garrison territory, you can turn off the turrets by means of an electrical panel on the corner of the building. If you don't get too close you won't even need stealth. Alternatively you can just shoot them.
On the computer near the entrance to the building, you can disable the second floor security using Science.
The field is switched off by repair or Science, or by explosives with a timer.
In the locker on the second floor is a dress uniform - it should be given to the general in the Winds of War. The door next to the locker can be broken with a crowbar (in combat mode) or explosives. Inside is the corpse of the base's former commander, with an excellent 10mm pistol. You can give it to the general at Winds of War. In one of the warehouses at the next zone you can find large-caliber cartridges for the same general.
The computer on the second floor is needed on the quest plot (one of the ways) and on the quest of General VV. It also contains information about the radio station in Lovelock.
In the last location - "Hangar V9" - raiders will leave you - do not want to climb under the turrets. We can ask one of them to help us climb over the fence. You can also tie a rope or get into a hole in a fence - but near a hole in a mine and turret very close. And there already roundabout ways on roofs and warehouses to come inside of the bunker (it is necessary to notice that even breaking of 100 % gives only 25 % of chance to open some locks on base). The bunker itself will only have a very thick robot, which can be lured to the bare wire (first you need to turn on the switch) (if you wear rubber boots in the inventory, the current from the wire will almost not beat you), which will facilitate the fight. Nearby you can find a red map that opens the farthest door, where you can disable the turrets around the hangar.
There's C-4 in the warehouse that you can turn in for Wright's quest.
In the bunker on the table there is a part for Power Armor - the Central Processor. There's a Signal Jammer on the second table that's needed in the story. There's a key card to the reactor in the room in the table. In the reactor room itself, you can only shut down the reactor.
Welcome to New Reno. You will find it is different than in Fallout 2 but far from being any worse. You can do a lot of things in the city as there are many quests available.There are several areas inside the city, starting with the Silver Legacy Hotel, Eldorado, City Hall, Stadium, Luciano's Ranch and Railway Station (at least three extra locations become available during quests which stay there but aren't really useful outside the mentioned quests).
There are several gangs who are struggling for control of the city.
If you want to access the maximum number of quests, then use this order: Bertolini (fail the last quest; see Bertolini quests for details) and/or Luciano (do not pass the last quest or acquire the reputation title - basically turn down his offer), Wright (Uranium City will suffer a little bit), then Thompson or Stryker (your choice, details below), but they seem to give 1 quest each, if performed in parallel. Big Louis doesn't really affect New Reno.
Silver Legacy Hotel
If you've killed raiders, you'll be met by a survivor outside the hotel. You can kill him or convince him in different ways. (as of latest version he might not appear if you did all Big Louis quests in Lovelock and then killed the gang along with their new leader Ripper)
Barter 40 in the shop of caravan gets you experience for the description of trading situations.
With the Thief perk, store prices will be 10% higher (same goes for wearing a face mask - balaclava). If you become one of the approximations, the prices will go down. Slum hero status will also give you a 10% discount, if you became a Sheriff in Uranium City then another 10% discount.
With Barter 30, the kid greeter will tell you about a thief's stash. The cache is to the left of the entrance to the location. There's a burning barrel and a tyre. The stash is in the tyre.
If you're a raider, you won't be able to use the stagecoach, but with Strength 9 or Unarmed 70 you can squeeze a little experience from Tuco.
On the second floor of the Silver Legacy, there's a schematic for a doctor's bag on the shelves inside the locked room. Key to the room can be stolen or you can just pick the lock (karma loss).
On the second floor of the Silver Legacy, there's a traveller who talks of a village 'Wendover' near Salt lake, claiming that locals can direct you there. Wendover was never created and is not in the final version of the game.
There's a guy on the second floor of the Silver Legacy with a Cat's paw magazine in his inventory. There's an interesting dialogue If you steal it.
At the bar, you can chat with the person at the counter and get a beer and experience. You need karma +50.
There's a guy in leather armor by the slot machines. It takes 40 or 50 Science to complete his quest and first you will have to keep giving him money. It's gonna take some time to get through. There are several ways to go about it: 1) suggest a formula; 2) talk to Mordino; 3) persuade to change the machine. For sure by suggesting a different strategy you will get all of your money back.
Harding (a man in one of the slum rooms) will talk about missionary Patrick and indirectly give a quest to help himself. You need a high level of Doctor and you're gonna have to run. To take the quest, you need to talk to the residents of the neighboring house, Hardingand then with Patrick. You need Science and Doctor 35. After that you have to go back to Harding with a nightclub ticket (you can steal it in the slums near El Dorado or ask Mom, the hostess of the club).
In the slums you can find the widow Clover, who is shaken up by the administrators of the Eldorado casino for debts. Her debt can be repaid or cancelled with a cigarette case. A cigarette case can be stolen from Wright or removed from the body Stryker and Тhompson. If you become a Bertolini consigliere, you can convince the administrator to forgive the debt.
The guy in the blue pants outside the bar will give you a can of food (eating it makes you poisoned). After the autopsy, it's worth three skins off him.
Using a radio or the metal detector near the hotel, you can find the entrance to the sewer system, it's exact location is the second pothole from the far east of the map, or the closest one from the grafiti that says "J.D.Anus" on the building, activating the metal detector or radio in this area will reveal that it is indeed a manhole, rather than a pothole.). There's a ghoul Chris in a room (talk to him for his story and a minor quest), and a few rats in the sewer itself. What to do with him is your decision, his (ex) wife Shelley can be found in the slums. If you kill him immediately you can loot him get his unique melee weapon "metal bar" but it's nothing special so this option is not recommended. You can tell his wife (good path) that he is still alive and where he is, after which she will go see him to stay with him (for reward you get a lighter and +5 karma - follow her). Alternatively you can talk to his ex friend Colin who is now Shelly's husband (evil path, karma loss) about Chris and he will demand to know where Chris is. You can ignore/refuse, ask for money first or simply tell him. If you told him the location then he will disappear and will be found in the sewer next to dead Chris. If you loot him now then you can pick up gas mask overalls, which will be needed for the armor.
There's a homeless guy outside the hotel asking for food. If you feed him, he will give +5 karma and will be able to tell you how to catch the graffiti artist (it's a kid). Next to it there is a broken car, if you look for a metal detector near it you can find a unique 10mm gun "Outdated Colt 6520".
In the hotel you can ask the porter who ruined all the walls - you will be given a quest to find an art hooligan (graffiti artist). Between 2:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m., there's going to be a kid walking by the wall. After he starts doing actions by the wall, we need to talk to him and take him to the hotel. After that, you decide what happens to him. The best option (intellect 5) is to propose that he draws for the hotel itself. Then Street Dog (he'll be at the Eldorado) can paint your car.
Also, the porter will give a quest to repair the air vent (it is on the second floor in one of the rooms), you need Repair skill of 40.
At night, you can find flashing lights all over New Reno (and in other cities). If you fix them, you'll get a little experience. The prostitutes will give you a (very small) discount for fixing the lanterns near them.
The Gate family lives in the room next door, the wife is looking for her missing prospector husband Robert. You will find his body along with a note in Hawthorne (see Hawthorne). If you don't complete the Wright quest, this one will be available.
After the note is delivered, you will be sent to look for a partner of Robert, named Mark. In order to find him, you will have to go to a nearby location (Eldorado) and interview the victim's family - they are easy to recognize - they aren't exactly polite. With a Speech of 80, you can persuade them to be helpful, if not, then you need to go to the neighbors of the Mark family, who will tell you that Mark left with a caravan someplace north. After that, Mark can be found in Black Rock at the bar. You can offer to perform the contract for him, for which you will receive the metal detector and the quest for C4 (see Hawthorne) and Mark will supposedly return to New Reno to help the Gate family. After this you can return to the Gate widow to tell her the news, but for the quest to end you will first have to do the first and second Wright quests; Uranium City quest, then the C4 quest (make sure you say that the prospectors have done the job, otherwise you won't see any more of the Gate widow), and then go back to the widow and get the upgrade of the metal detector (without the sonar upgrade, finding items is almost impossible). The upgrade can be installed on the workbench (repair 40, Science 30).
Note: If you kill Тhompson, you can't go to Bertolini peacefully.
The guy near the slums will give you picklocks and some experience in exchange for a gun (any), you can just kill him (+5 to karma).
Underneath the casino, you can take part in battles without rules. Unlike F2 here, the fights are fought to the death. The number of fights is limited, but in total they give a lot of experience and money. And + to Endurance, if you go all the way. The fights also give you a reputation that you can use to start gang quests.
The coach near the ring can raise the Unarmed skill by 5% for $1,000. The ring leader here is also connected to one of the Big Louis quests (see above).
The casino administrator (on the second floor) can give a quest to repair Bertolini's billiard/pool cue. You can do it yourself at a workbench (you will need a regular cue + some Repair skill) or ask Frank (Railway Station). A pool cue can be obtained from Chase in the Eldorado Casino or from the pool table at Luciano Ranch. It is highly recommended to first talk to Chase who can also give you a minor quest - a bug can be placed inside the very same billiard/pool cue after repair. Returning the cue will give you a recommendation to do Bertolini quests. (check Luciano's quests)
There's a guy in the slums who has headaches. Doctor 50 will allow him to be diagnosed, and Speech 80 after that to find out who supplies him with medicines (see raider quests, about Solomon). There are two kids in the same room arguing about some game. You can: 1) solve the dispute in someone's favor, or reconcile them for additional experience (32% Speech); 2) offer to play for the right of ownership, including with them (the game requires 35% to win); 3) grab the game and go further (the game costs $ 35).
Solomon's gonna give you a quest to dig up the bullet if you're a coffin digger. The corpse is buried at the railway station. Don't carry it with you for long. As a reward, you will get a corpse amphetamine: gives for 20 minutes +1 (one) point of action in battle, but for a day -3 (three) stamina and + high dose of radiation it will affect you 2 (two) times, the total from 60 to 80 rad, depends on your resistance, (nothing) -10 karma.
Level 7 or recommendation from the casino manager (for that you must repair the billiard/pool cue) is required to access quests.
- The first quest is to deliver a message to a "canary". He's a hobo spy near Luciano's ranch. You can rat him out to Machete instead if you want.
- The second quest is to break up the restaurant and the casino. The easiest way to do that is by booby-trapping a wagon that's gonna show up in front of the Silver Legacy. You need dynamite, plastic explosive, scorpion's tail, or Horsekiller poison. Do any of this in sneak mode. You can use alcohol on the guard to make the stealthier approach easier.
- The third quest is to sabotage the ranch a bit. We need to light (you need a lighter) up a barrel in the warehouse. The warehouse is a big building with a locked door. The lighter can be found at the Silver Hotel location. Alternatively you can poison a drinking bowl for brahmins (higher karma reduction than first option).
- Fourth quest, help his son Huey who appears just downstairs. He doesn't like his father and his business. Talk to him and together you will go to a special location to meet a mole. It's up to you to decide what to do with him. But if you don't kill the mole, Bertolini will attack you (with a Speech check of 50 you will only be thrown out of the building, interestingly enough you can return any time, including visiting Bertolini again). If you kill the mole or force Huey, you'll be a Bertolini consigliere. Thompson will approve, but Stryker will be furious.
White jazz man - Cotton club
If playing as a male character, then in a dialogue with Cotton Club's bartender will be the question about the empty stage. It's the beginning of a quest about a jazz band. You need Charisma 7 to continue the quest. Ornett Trumpet is a guy in a red shirt in a slum. He needs the Trumpet that Wright has. Stealing or piercing your way is your choice, of course, you can buy it, but it's not our choice, but you can talk... It's easy to bypass and clean all the cabinets at night in Wright's private room with Sneak skill. Ornett will talk about the rest of the participants. Near one of the entrances (close to bar on the way to Solomon) is a homeless man who likes to play the drums (cans). You will need to give him $10 and let him play, then you can recruit him. Guitarist Charles (Silver's slums) demands a reputation in the slums. Patrick's quests will be enough. Now the jazz band is here. All we have to do is convince Тhompson not to demand (too much) tribute. To do this, you need Barter 75 (doing all his quests and joining him then gives you an option to say something similar) or kill everyone there, or agree to unfavorable conditions :) .
There is also a mini-quest for posters: you need to distribute leaflets to four boys. It is possible that the amount of the fee for concerts depends on the fact that this task has been completed. It may also be given only if the graffiti situation on the walls of the hotel is resolved peacefully in advance. The list of children who need to give the leaflets: 1) Street Dog (near the casino "Eldorado"), 2) the son of Mrs. Gate (who gives a quest to find her husband, an old man), 3) in the same eastern slums, son of the guy who has the letter from Patrick's quest, 4) poor child, snooping between the tables in the restaurant of the hotel "Silver".
Concerts are scheduled for specific days, so look carefully at the calendar. Before the concert you can type in the name of the jazz band, but it will not affect anything. Instead of the third concert, the bartender will tell you that someone threatened him. We need to talk to him, then Ornette, to find out who did this (he lives in one of the houses at Railway Station). The culprit can be persuaded to become a vocalist instead of you with Speech 75. Or with the intelligence of 7 to learn a lot of interesting things, but then again you will need Speech 75. Then there'll be one last concert and that's it.
There's a kid outside the Cotton Bar who hasn't been paid for work. We can get the money from the bartender and give it to the child. Or not give it back... (Speech 48 for the money)
In Cotton, the bartender will offer you a comedian from New Vegas. That's a trip - a comedian lowers his luck by three while he's with you.
There's a hairpin in the sink of the bar. You can give it to the woman who complains about it.
Near Eldorado is the building where Patrick lives. He'll give you some quests:
- The questionnaire - just answer the questions - you answers don't matter.
- Cure a homeless man in the backroom with Doctor's skill or medication.
- To find the missing package - the guy in the slums with red clothes and a son (same guy who talks shit about Harding) will make excuses about being innocent and claim he only has the letter from the guy. It takes Speech 55 to get it for free, return with the letter to Patrick.
- Get Wright's permission to show a movie, simply persuade him (you need Speech of 25, will only work if you have a good reputation in the slums or he has already given you quests, otherwise the permission will cost you $1000).
- Protect Patrick during the movie showing - the easiest way to do this is to go through the pockets of the audience and see who has the gun and steal it! When he starts walking towards Patrick he will be shocked to find he doesn't have a gun anymore and quickly leave the area. Alternatively you can try talking to him as he starts moving towards Patrck but I haven't had success at talking him down. In this case you will only get experience for killing him and no reward from Patrick.
Strip club Burlesque
In the strip club, as a female character you can try yourself as a dancer, need Agility 7 (and Charisma exactly above 3). It gets you a lot of money and a quest. To get into the club for free (being a woman) you need Intelligence 7.
After you perform several times, you will be advised to leave the club through the back door (the back room with lockers and safe). There you will be met by Ted Bundy - a serious opponent carrying a Ripper (you can run away from him, but it can break the quest). If you go out the front door, you will get raped by a mob of fans (and acquire a perk called gigolo), poisoning and you can even die if you don't have enough of HP. If you do decide to do so, don't talk to "Mom" until you leave town, otherwise she will refuse to talk to you until later.
Assuming you went through the back door, after you kill Ted Bundy, you can pick up a photo from his body and an opportunity to talk to Mom about it, then the bartender. Inspecting the photo you find an address on it. Before you go to the slums, you can go to the reception in Silver hotel, where they will tell you where to look. This is the apartment where you picked up Patrick's parcel near the Silver Hotel. Ask the residents and go to the railway station. There's only one locked door in a row of houses and you need to look at the fridge. Then you need to talk to Tuco (note: he will refuse to speak to you if you are a raider) in the caravan parking lot. He's gonna say he took this girl to Las Vegas. In Vegas, you'll find her at the Hard Rock Cafe (waitress Susie) and she'll ask you to say hello to Mom. Lastly speak to mom and inform her Susie is safe and well, living a new life.
There's a portrait of Elvis in the manager's room in the table. It's an easter egg - valuable picture from Fallout 1-2. (The same picture can be taken at Las Vegas from the casino wall on the second floor)
If Stryker or Тhompson's quest are executed, Wright will not give any quests. Luciano and Bertolini are irrelevant. To do quests, you need a reputation in the slums or by possibly talking to him about the prospector quest.
- To complete the first Wright task, you need to travel to Uranium City to talk to the ghoul Nelson and the hostess of the bar (Marylin). They need to tell you about the situation in the city and the three worms. Then simply return to Wright with the information.
- The second quest is to pick up C4 from Hawthorne. Read more in Hawthorne and Metal Detector. If you already have the C4, give it to Wright and make sure you say that the prospectors did the job and asked you to talk to Wright. Then the quest for the metal detector will be available and pass properly with you receiving the upgrade. Note: If you gave C-4 to Nelson in Uranium City, Wright will be mad but you can still get it back by killing Nelson, which basically does the 3rd quest as well.
- The third quest is to remove Nelson. He'll have to be killed. At least some from the town will attack you as well, but if you don't touch them, you will be greeted again peacefully when you leave the location and return.
- The fourth quest is to find out what kind of spy roams the slums. There'll be a homeless man at the Silver Hotel location between the two houses. He is a spy. Perception 7 or Unarmed 65/ Force 7 is needed to identify him. Or we could give him $300.
- The fifth quest is to get Luciano's help. To convince Luciano you will need Speech 70, it will also help if you have already helped him or you have a good reputation at New Reno.
After this he will tell you he has nothing left to order you to do.
City Hall - Thompson's quests
There are only gang quests for Thompson here and some loot. But there is an Auto Doc in the shelter itself that can be repaired. The minimum repair skill is 35, but it will take 90 for a complete repair. As a result, you will be able to get free treatment for everything. The number of doses of each drug is limited, but there are quite a few. If you repair the Auto Doc during the repair of 80, it will still treat you completely, but there will be a 1% chance that the machine will kill you during the treatment.
- The first quest is to find out who's behind the attack on Thompson's whores. It's not hard to do that - talk to the whores at the Cotton Bar and then one of the two hooligans at Patrick's house. You can convince him or kill him. These two can get hostile towards the wanderer at some point. It doesn't matter. If you killed them beforehand, nothing bad will happen. In that case, you'll just have to tell Thompson that it's already done.
- The second quest is to find out who attacked the Thompson gang. First, we need to talk to the wounded man in the farthest room in the base. The guy will also tell you about the autodoc where you can send him (after repairs). It is also possible to cure (use Doctor on him) on your own, but it will not have any effect in the conversation. You can talk to people on streets in Eldorado area but eventually you will have to find the evidence. You need to use Science or Repair skill on a lantern by the whores (those near Wright). Then we need to go into Patrick's house and go out on the balcony and find a shell casing. Then we should talk to Patrick. After this quest is passed, Stryker quest chain cannot be fully executed, but it disappears from the tasks after the last quest for Stryker.
- The third quest is to convince Mordino to let Thompson's guys in. There are two ways to go about it:
- (Combat) talk to the hotel manager, then talk to the boy in the hotel restaurant, where he will talk about the basement of the railway station where the Mordino family lives for charisma 8 or drug candy. Security - 3 guards with 10mm guns and 1 sledgehammer.
- (Diplomatic) In Stryker's base, in the room with the mini-generator with Science 30 (not confirmed), we can find out that Stryker decided to destroy Mordino after the seizure of power. Tell Mordino himself about it, and it becomes a decisive argument in favor of Thompson though he still doesn't like it.
- For the fourth quest you need to interview the spy in Stryker's camp and interrupt the deal. The guy's gonna want a $1000 bribe, and you can guess why with Barter of 50. Then we can give him a stagecoach ticket. Alternatively you can get the information about the deal from the same computer where the info about Mordino was found and save the $1000 (was there really any other choice? :P). Next step is the second floor of the hotel Silver and you are tasked with breaking the deal. Speech 80/Barter 55 will make it possible to reach a peaceful agreement. Otherwise you need to plant a explosive inside the caravan (possibly you can put something poisoned there).
- The fifth quest is to take out Stryker and his gang. Before that, Barter 30 or Charisma 8 will allow you to ask for weapons. Then you just need to use the computer near the generator, the same one where you got the information for previous two quests. The only thing that remains is to report the news to the commander of the strike team who will be near the evacuation bunker Stryker. You can return to Thompson or help them fight (quite a difficult fight).
Saving Terry the chemist at Stryker's base is still possible this way just after the fight.
There's a guy called "Rider" in the building who'll give you some useful information in exchange for some alcohol. Gives a quest to find the points he lost in the club Momashi points (see quests Big Louis).
- The first quest is to kill Patrick. Speech of 50 will keep Patrick alive.
- For the second quest you need to get a bag of chemicals. With barter 50 is you can take half the money for yourself when you talk to the dealer. Dealer stands near the Eldorado casino, disappears after the conversation, but later comes back. Chemicals can be crafted into Stimpacks with Science 70. After completing this quest Тhompson will be offended, but you can kill Stryker and this quest will be lost from the tasks.
- The third quest is to take pictures in Тhompson's bunker. It's no big deal, take them until it says there are enough pictures in the console. Do not approach people with cameras in your active hand. Never perform this quest or the last quest if you want to end the Thompson quests.
- The fourth quest is to change condoms. A prostitute stands between Patrick's house and the casino. You need the one in charge. You can refuse the quest, but Stryker will be offended and will not give more quests.
- The last quest is an assault on the City Hall. You need to screw with the generator and shoot a little. You'll have backup from Stryker's men with you (just don't let them block the exit from the building, they can't be pushed). You can ask for a machine gun and two stimulants before the quest. You don't have to get into a fight.
In the room with security dogs in the layout table are a couple of useful books and in the toolbox above it a lot of good things. It can be obtained by Sneak 60 (40 with Stealth Boy). Enter from the street after opening the door (lockpicking 40). If you don't have enough Sneak skill, you will need to spam the combat mode technique to pass through.
Bunker at Stryker's location
You do not need anything but the crumpled paper (the one from beginning in Vaulty City) and access to bunker at Stryker's location to communicate with the Bikers. To access the bunker, you need to obtain the key from Stryker or lockpick the gate (Lockpick skill of 100% to have a 10% chance of breaking in, easier with Lockpick set). You can use explosive weapons like Molotov or Grenade to blow up doors. You can buy the key from Stryker for $1000 or you will need to be a member of Big Louis' gang. You can also try to seduce Stryker to sleep with you (if you're a Female character) or take quests for Stryker. You can get a part you that you need for the Special Warehouse Assignment quest for the Vault City (specifically the ion synthesizer), look for some machine equipment in the big room with rats on the left side wall. You will need a Crumpled Piece of Paper item or Lockpick 90 to crack the vault door. Further in is a locked storage room that needs a keycard - to find it, use the metal detector in the computer room, the storage room has a container box with a plasma pistol!
The chemist can be reached with Speech skill of 50. Or say you're his wife (if you're a woman). After talking to Terry (he may be surprised if you have Science skill 50, which will give you access to his table), a boy will meet you at the exit and give you a message about someone waiting for you at the Silver hotel. Go to the second floor and you will find a monk (Nick) there.
With melee weapons of 75 you can identify the monk's stick. After talking to the monk, we need to talk to Terry (about Nick). He's gonna tell us the guard likes to drink and we need to open the door. We use 3 bottles of alcohol on the guard (booze?), open the door (break-in or key from the guard) and talk to Terry. Once Stryker is killed during the last quest for Thompson you can avoid all this trouble - just open the door and let him come with you,Thompson's guys will not be aggressive. Then we leave the building with him and he teleports to Silver with his family. Go to the Silver hotel to the monk's room and talk to them. They will mention they are being watched. You will either need a rope (will be an option in dialog) to escape through the window or you can convince Stryker's men just outside the hotel entrance to leave before Terry blows the building up (because that's what chemists are known for apparently). You must do one of the two options fast and not travel around or Terry, his family and the monk will disappear (presumably be killed). We can send them alone or go with them after supplying rope or scaring off the gang. If you go with them, you will find yourself at a special location inside a small house at an abandoned farm. You can try make a stand there and help them fight it off or be the ultimate hero and stay behind covering their backs on your own. In any case you will have to fight off three Stryker's men, one of which has a unique 10mm pistol with a flashlight (this is the best 10mm gun, its accuracy is almost not reduced in the dark). It's your choice.
You can sell (or buy) slave collars here to Machete for good money ($100 each). There is a unique leather guard jacket in a closet in a closed room (needs lockpicking 40+ - next to the bookcase are the slave collars that are useful to craft unique weapon "Mickey's Revenge").
If asking him about his name and lack of weapon, Machete will give you a minor quest to find his missing machete. It's at the Railway Station, found by using a metal detector. If you use the workbench you can clean the machete (will need some items), the reward for the quest will increase.Or you can keep it for yourself, it is not a bad melee weapon especially once cleaned.
To get inside the ranch without a fight, you need to put on the stolen guard jacket (or have it with you). They won't ask you about it again, so we can throw it away or sell. Alternatively you can sneak/run around the farm, just stay out of sight of certain guards. The ones at the gate won't mind you but you should try to hide in the buildings, especially from the one who is patrolling the area.
In the brahmin pens you will find a slave who is actually a warrior from the Lovelock tribe (Silent River). To save him, we need a sabotage of 40. It is also possible to disable all collars with Science/Repair in the generator room. Or you can buy him if you have enough money. You don't have to take a quest to save him, you'll already know him if you were in Lovelock.
You can give a man in butcher's or doctor's clothes a lighter. In return you will get an interesting story about Mr. Luciano.
- Stryker - you need to the computer that hangs on the wall near the generator (again, is he really this stupid?)
- Тhompson you need to use Science skill on a book (it's a ledger book) lying on the table in one of the rooms (the book, not the table). Once this is done it will give you a recommendation for Luciano quests.
In the Eldorado casino, Mr. Chase is standing by the pool table (the bartender can tell you about him). If you choose the right answers in the dialogue, it will give you experience (up to 2000 with "wise" answers) and a quest to set up a wiretap Bertolini's office, and then access to Luciano's quests . After the "game" you will get a cue that will be useful for the casino managers repair quest:
- By far the easiest way to set up a wiretap for Chase is with the janitors help (actually he is a child, you need Speech 70 and $500), afterwards the janitor kid will disappear. The manual version is much harder. One bug should be placed in the table at night through the equipment (not just as an object) , or in Bertolini's broken cue (which is given for repair by the administrator of the casino) on the workbench. The second bug should be placed in the ventilation grid in the "anteroom" next to Bertolini's room. Wiretapping the ventilation grid is easy to do, stand just next to door to Bertolini's private quarters, use Sneak, enter combat mode, open the door and enter behind walls, combat mode will end and door will close enabling you to wiretap the vent with ease. Be sure to enter combat mode before opening the door again to return to his office again.
To access quests you need to either talk to Chase to get a recommendation (see above) or have a level above 7.
- The first quest (is simultaneous with second quest) is to steal a suitcase of money from Bertolini (it can be sold in a barter for $30,000) and make a diversion (second quest). The easiest way is to play woman's character is to go to bed with Bertolini and open the safe with a termite, or break-in. Or go to the safe at night in the sneak mode (if you don't have enough sneak, you can sleep in your wardrobe). We can learn the code for the safe from Huey (appears for the last quest of Bertolini) - if you fail the last quest for Bertolini, he will also tell you how to commit the robbery of weapons (specifically Tommy gun). Alternatively once you learn the code from Huey, go stand in front of the door to Bertolini's private quarters, use Sneak mode and enter combat, open door and hide behind walls - combat mode will end, door will close and you have a free and worry free path to safe. Be sure to enter combat mode again when you leave his quarters back to his office or he will attack you. Now do the second quest immediately if you haven't already!
- The second quest - you need to arrange a sabotage/diversion, for this you can also receive a face mask. Make poisoned beer at campfire or order it from the pushers (300 $). It needs to be planted on the casino clients. It is possible to arrange another sabotage - by injuring a client with a Tommy gun. In order to do this you must first steal one from the armory upstairs. You can do this the very hard way (at night, shut off the lights, run and sneak ...) or the easy way. For the easy way, first steal the key to the armory from the body guard in the gangster blue suit. Shut off the light and run to the armory door, unlock it with key (use sneak mode just in case), enter combat mode to get in and in best case scenario open the locker while still in combat mode and take the Tommy gun. If all goes well they won't see you if you are deep enough inside, just make sure to use combat mode again to get outside the armory. Go back downstairs, use sneak mode and put on the mask (don't get too close to a guard or he will force you to leave for wearing a mask), shoot at one of the clients (single shot is all you need) and get upstairs as fast as you can. Put off the mask and return downstairs and to the ranch without any trouble. You have to hand in the sabotage and the suitcase at the same time. Otherwise it might get bugged.
- The third quest is to mine the entrances to Stryker and Тhompson. Any kind of explosives: dynamite, plastic, grenade or dynamite checkers. Just use it on the door as equipment. But it's better to open the door to Stryker - you might need to look at the light.
- The fourth quest is to make a deal. With Barter skill of 75, you can get some money for yourself.
After that, you'll be asked to become a consiglieri for Luciano. After that, Bertolini and Thompson will refuse to deal with you. And Stryker will be giving quests. Just say no, they'll give you all the quests and Luciano won't think any less of you.
There aren't many quests in this town. Wright sends you here in his first mission, but you can also come on your own.
You can arm-wrestle against a guy at the bar. It gives you money and experience if you win but doubles the price when trading with the hostess Marylin. It's a strength and endurance check so buffout helps.
You can buy the arsenal for $1500 or for 300 with 55 trading from Marylin if it was before the arm-wrestling. Or get it all for free, if you do all the quests and revive the city.
Science 50 can help convince Birch that alcohol reduces the effects of radiation on the body.
If you have energy weapons below 90%, then Birch can be asked to teach you how to use energy weapons (and you can pass the quest and raise the skill beforehand. Then he'll still raise it by 5%). He'll ask for 30 pounds of clean water (15 flasks) and then take the package to New Reno. He's actually asking you to send a message to Hardy the caravaneer. But he doesn't enter the cities and is a supplier of goods from Hub. In particular, he is a supplier to a trader from New Reno Barton. He can give him a message. But it's better to find Hardy yourself. To do this, you need to wiggle (pre-save) in the lower left corner of the map, where his route is (if taken by the ability to "Scout" it is quite easy). He's got great merchandise and unique recipes. In the mountains that enclose this desert, there is a random encounter "Cannibal tribe at lunch time", where you can find 3 (three!) unique weapons, two cold "Coyotes Knife]" and "Heavy Coyotes Spear" and one energy "Photon Pistol". . There is also a random encounter "Coyote Hunters, hunting game", the same as "Cannibal Tribe during a meal", but there is no [Photon Pistol], but there is "Coyote Truncheon". The most interesting random encounter there is "Coyote Leader", which is quite difficult at an early stage (if you are not seriously armed) because it has two hand claws of death, two warriors with [Heavy Spear Койотов|Тяжелыми Coyotes' spears] and the Leader herself (this is a woman) has a pretty cool unique weapon - a knuckle [[[Flaming Kiss]]]. Kastet is powerful (more powerful than [Mickey's Revenge], uses fuel for a flamethrower instead of nuclear batteries, but there is a minus - does not have a targeted strike (as well as an emy-glove).
Birch can also be persuaded to take over the mine. Later you can tell Nelson about him and the Hub and Birch will be kicked out of town.
With a sabotage skill check or Speech 40 Nelson will give the key to the warehouse in the mine where you can find explosives.
Kelly's gun can be repaired with a Small Gun 100 or a Repair 75. With 70 Speech, he can be persuaded to help shoot the worms. But if you will send him there and don't kill the worms in the next few days he will get back to his old position and refuse to help you again. If you have the Private Detective Perk, you can find out what Kelly's doing there.
If you talk to the Chinese family, they'll tell you about San Francisco and the "noise-maker" (cans). You can take it from the shelf as you will need it for attracting the "earth-dragons".
A guy lying on floor in a house on the left has two diseases can be cured with Bloodpurifier and RadAway.
You can fix the shelves in the building next to the administrative building to gain a storage place.
There's a safe in the administration building. If you can't open it, you'll be given its contents for free after the situation in the city is resolved. However, it will remain locked, but after the quest is completed, it will open with any lockpicking skill (just use lockpicking on it).
NOTE: If they go underground during fight (when you move away from their immediate range - they can't attack from range) they will heal about 20 points so this makes it a very tough fight until possibly late game.
- In the second location, near the mine, you have to put a noise maker on the stake, and then use it. It'll cause a worm to appear. If the worm doesn't get out, press the pips-fire button to wait 10 minutes. There will be a small glitch - you can leave the pips-boy only by clicking on the "exit". When all three die, we can deal with further quests. Worms have 300 HP each, have good armor and can make four attacks per turn, so it's a very tough fight. A while after completing the task, the barkeeper in the saloon will have 5 wormwood natures (+12 to the recovery rate). There is also a second, "evil" option to pass this quest (minus karma, as well as deprived of the opportunity to buy the saloon pies made of worms). You can make a brahmin bomb. We buy it from the Chinese family (for $1000 or take it for free with Bartering 65), through the dialogue we order them to follow us and without being distracted by waiting, we run straight to the mine. There we wait until after some time the way of the brahmins will rest and through the context menu we push it to the end of the adit, to the area where there is a wheelbarrow between the two blockages. (If you can't push, it means there isn't enough power, you can take the electrocuted one in your hand to solve this problem). In the cave we hang dynamite on brahmin (through dialogue). There are dynamite sticks in the mine's warehouse. Nelson will make dynamite out of them for free.
- There is an alternative (and very cheesy) strategy for fighting worms especially at lower levels, using Kelly is not needed but it will speed things up. Attract the worms as usual with the cans on stake then make sure you save the game before they appear. As soon as the dragon pops out from the ground, keep pressing the keyboard shortcut for attack, it will give you the first turn (NOTE: DOES NOT ALWAYS WORK, RELOAD AND TRY AGAIN). Aimed attacks to the mouth with even something like a machete seem to be effective enough to do real damage (if you miss you can always reload before "dragon" appears). After attacking, move away as they can't attack you from range - you will need to damage them enough to counter their healing underground - this is where Kelly comes in handy too if he makes decent damage. Save the game before they appear again and repeat the process. Using save/reload cheese with proper attacks and depending on damage that you do, you can take the worms down with time but effectively.
After the worms have been destroyed, we need to talk to Marilyn (the hostess of the bar), and she will also need to discuss all the subsequent steps to restore the city.
The city needs workers:
- One can be found at Eldorado's location, near a homeless drummer (requires $350 for provisions and a stagecoach ticket);
- Two sitting in a slum (Silver, the lower building is a Negro in a red shirt) asking for $300 for a ticket;
- The third one was sold by Wright into slavery He's in the pen at the Luciano ranch. You can make him run away (you need Science to disable all the collars) or buy him out for $500. To get a ransom line from Machete, we need to talk to Joseph himself. Also asks for $300 for the road.
Alternatively you can take them all in your own car. They're going in the luggage compartment.
Carl will ask you for a fuse when he gets to Uranium City. Any in the game will do.
A jukebox will appear in the bar after the employees arrive. We can fix it by asking Marilyn's permission.
Next you will have to choose the owner of the mine: Birch, Nelson or Wright. Nelson will indirectly offer to kill Wright (more precisely, to deliver C-4, but if you have already given Wright away, you will have to kill him), and Wright will directly ask to kill Nelson. If you are greedy, you can assign them all in turn. Choose Birch first, then rat him out to Nelson. Next, choose Nelson, you will first have to deliver C-4 to him. That will make Wright angry but he will tell you to retrieve the C-4 with any means necessary, so kill Nelson (also described in Wright quests, 2 birds with 1 stone basically). Deliver C-4 to Wright and with Nelson gone there is no one to oppose his leadership, so choose Wright to become the new owner. Wright can be killed later too.
Wind of War
Make a separate save before you do your military base tasks, otherwise you may lose access to it before the time comes.
There's a soldier in the tent on the left, who is very angry at the soldiers stationed there and can be persuaded to take revenge. If you are not too law-abiding - you will need it later (for penetration you will get +2% to secrecy and -5 karma). When you have a fuel cell controller, speak to the man again and remind him of revenge. Speech 50 or reputation of the caravanists will give access to the theft of the car. Repair or lockpick 25 will allow you to start the car.
Anders, the head mechanic of the caravan will talk about the fuel cell controller. After you acquire it, you have the opportunity to buy or steal the car. You can buy the car for $35,000. Alternatively a Barter skill of 50 will allow you to get a discount (from $3000 to $6000 with a charisma of 7). With charisma 6 as a female you can offer to work as a prostitute to earn money. For the purchase you will get +5% to barter, +10 karma and 5000 experience; for theft you will get -100 karma and 3500 experience. The mechanic or some other technician will send hitmen after you in either case. A note from the killers' bodies can be given to Wesker.
Inside the main building to the right there's a caravaneer with a stone that is important if you want to steal the car, you can gamble for it or buy it for $50. The trader on the base will try and offer you $200 for it, but it's worth holding onto it; either for stealing car or some minor experience points and potentially stealing other things from garage. The second stone is in a white locker in the northern most room in the barracks. To get it you need either a decent sneak, or to abuse combat mode to sneak past the guards to the lockers. The stones need to be inserted into the two statues on the front of the building at the main entrance, afterwards a passage way down with a ladder will open next to the exit of the eastern part of the building.
In the room on the east, a suspicious individual wants to steal the codes from the military base. You can do that for him, a barter skill of 50 can double the reward to $1000, otherwise he will only offer $500. You can only get the quest if you're level 10 or above. After receiving the quest you can either rat out the spy to the general or return the codes to the spy.
In the south eastern room of the first building is a man who has been badly beaten by members of the military. If you have a doctor skill of at least 50 you can treat him yourself, otherwise you can talk to the doctor in the south western room and either convince him to treat the patient for free or pay him $100 to do so. Once treated, the man will give you a quest to recover a unique Desert Eagle (+20% to the chance of hit) and money from Jimmi. Jimmi is just past the cordoned off area before the actual base. The general can help with the quest too. (The gun is more accurate than the usual +20%. Clarification: This gun appears to have a base +20% chance of hitting a target no matter the conditions instead of changing the range modifiers). Talk to Jimmi, it's well worth spending $1000 for the gun or beating Jimmi in a fight for it. When you take this gun from Jimmi, either return the gun to the caravaneer for money and XP or keep it for yourself (at least until you haven't found a better weapon).
Additional grenades can be purchased from the merchant with a barter of 40. He also asks to bring him 30 bottles of beer (then he can be ratted out to the general). For $300 he can tell you about the shelter (and show you where it is) where you can find a part for power armor and a quest part for the warehouse (you will need a rope to go down the hole). Fighting there is not necessary, you can easily sneak past the deathclaws, but if you kill everyone, you can meet Super 8 in the neighborhood (the chance is extremely small , with karma >500 you can't fight him). The trader will only give you quests if you haven't yet done the tasks for general Wesker. Otherwise, he'll say you can turn him in to the general, and he won't go on talking. So don't rush to the general right away :-)
The doctor is selling heart pills, so it's worth buying them right away, although they'll only be useful in SLS. If the doctor's skill is low, you can convince the doctor to teach you, but you need a hanging language.
With Speech/Barter of 40, it is possible (when talking - to ask for powder, and when trading - to buy powder). It improves the grenade launcher substantially (the shot becomes one move cheaper and the minimum strength requirement for its use is reduced - from 6 to 5)
You can go to the military base if you have been to Hawthorne, or if you are at least level 13, or you have some kind of quest item from Hawthorne, or for a bribe of $100 (if you go through this, there will be no inspection. Need high Speech skills, 90 is enough). But you need to put alcohol (beer, rotgut, booze, prewar alcohol) and drugs (mentats, painkiller, ...) away (easiest to put them in safe).
When you enter the base, on the left side in the first building lives Robert. His is the classic story of Romeo and Juliet, the finale of which depends on you. Juliette lives even further to the left. They're gonna need a rope to escape. You need to use a tool on the Electrical Box to finish this quest. Before leaving he will drop you a key (you will need to pick it up) that will open the oven outside the base. It won't open without a key.
Level 7 will give you access to Weskers tasks. He's gonna buy your Hawthorne ammo box, Hawthorne ceremonial uniform and the ceremonial gun. If you don't sell the gun right away, this option might disappear. You can also complain to him about his subordinates (in particular about Jimmi, and later on about a quest from Vegas). The task itself will be completed when you hand over the deserters' holodisk (see Hawthorne). He will also give you a quest to deal with some farmers (for most fun, force the soldier to marry the farmers daughter), Lastly you can offer to clear the vault shelter of deathclaws for a reward.
There's a room with scientists next to the general. One of them has the key to the computer (or you can hack the computer with 50% Science). The computer has data about the vault shelter (if you click about it, then you will be automatically moved there & it is the easiest and most free way to get there), Area 51 and learn about power armor (80% Science requirement, only the first part of the manual).
Sometimes two guards will be waiting for you at the exit to the wasteland and will try to arrest you. Either let yourself be imprisoned (NOT recommended - YOU LOSE ALL YOUR MONEY) or kill them both. If you are far away enough, no one will come to help them and you will suffer no consequences. If imprisoned, you can just skip the time and go out or help the guy in the leather armor. To do this, you need to talk to him, and then wait until the guard turns his back. Your belongings will be returned, but ALL of your money will be taken away from you (if you complain about it to Wesker, he will apologize for +500 exp but you will LOSE ALL OF THE MONEY). The guy's gonna give you a lead on quests in LV and for Bertolini.
If you turn everybody over to the general, the Wind of War will probably have a bad ending (needs confirmation).
NPP "Poseidon Oil"
There are no quests here, but you can find some very useful loot. It is highly recommended to take 2 pieces Rad-X (or one and quickly get to the antiradiation suit, which will require a high level of Science and Lockpicking) before looking for them. The only enemies outside the plant are a few geckos, so it won't be a problem. If you have the metal detector, some loot can be found in the zones outside the power plant itself. First of all, it is best to go to inside the NPP itself to find the anti-radiation suit. You can open the door with the help of a high value of repair, science or lockpicking skill or with dynamite (in the latter case you will miss out on 500 experience).
If you don't want to fight robots (but one of them has a minigun), use Science (75% Science) on the console at the entrance. You can find an anti-radiation suit in a white locker in the storage area. You need a Lockpicking of 95% and an electronic lockpick or a keycard to enter it (found in the reactor room). Not only will you need it to fix the Power Armor but you can also wear it right away and protect against the heavy radiation in the area. One of the cabinets has a red card to access the computer. The computer itself will tell you some information, but nothing particularly important will be there. You can find some loot in the cupboards such as: a welding machine, a servomotor and a fuse. A Super Toolkit is on a table in the storage area.
At the second location "dump", where the fuel cell controller is located, you will need to tie a rope to a crane near the building, and then use it to pile up some boxes to climb on. That way, you'll have access to the inside. In addition to the controller (can be removed without any requirements), you can remove various objects from the old car. To remove everything you need Repair 100 (tools do not help). Also in a locked house you can find a book on repair.
Vegas has a lot of hiding places for the metal detector. Look for the main stash of Vegas with a metal detector at the location (Caravan Parking) next to the sign "Welcome to Las Vegas" - a gold casino chip (very much increases the chance of winning poker and roulette if you hold it in your hands). With Outdoorsman 75, you have a chance to dig up 1% (if your Outdoorsman is less than 75, you have ~0% chance). At the same location near the truck (near the transition to the "Clean City") there is another thing with the same chance to search. Not to say that it's very rare, but still very good and expensive.
Warning: If you want to go through the mayor's quest, do not give the police any receipts and hunger strips until you finish it.
Receipts can and should be handed over to the police because they give money and expo for it. But then they'll have to be stolen back (to complete the mayor's quest). It is better to hand in the receipts to the policeman who stands near the bars, he will give an expo for them and a reward. It's okay to turn in the Chief of Police, but he'll give less exposition and no reward at all. You have to steal the receipts from the Chief of Police anyway. Sometimes the receipts stay with you after you hand them over to the police. It doesn't affect the quest in any way. The casino owner's "Hal Wallace" voice recording can also be rented out. It's compensated by a receipt from the Nursery, so you get 500 experience. But if you decide to do the mayor's quest, Hal Wallace is still over and you'd better kill him yourself (plastic explosives are the easiest way to do it). Get less experience to +200, but get a unique gun "Colt Revolver" is a very powerful and beautiful gun (the comment on it says "... when you look at it, you feel like you are God"). All this needs to be done before Hal Wallace is handed over to the police or the Mayor's quest is completed (no effect on the Mayor's quest). You can find out about this gun in a conversation with the bartender at the casino "Three Card Monte" for $10.
Also, most of the receipts can be handed over to the cops after the mayor's quest. Or refer to them without stealing - but these two ways can cause incomprehensible glitches.
Left of the entrance of the first location you will see some caravaneers who were ambushed. If you talk to them, they'll give you a quest to find their missing coworkers. You can also cure the wounded by talking to them. (Will require First Aid 75 or Doctor 50, but if your skills are lower you can also choose a Doctor's bag or "Bookshell" from the dialog, if you have any in your inventory.)
At the scene of the attack (a location labelled Gas Station, west of Las Vegas) your job is to find and bury the bodies (there is a shovel in one of the wagons). Step through the northeastern door of the building to notice some footsteps (Perception 5+) leading away from the gas station. If you follow them, you will be taken to Wind of War.
Next we'll need access to the BBC base. The survivor will also be found in the BBC. You can give up your attackers to the general (you need a badge from your body) or talk to them (they will be standing at the entrance to the barracks). If you mention the presence of evidence in a conversation with them, you can be forced to show the entrance to the stash. You will find yourself in a small location with traps, where in the ruined building there is a descent into the basement. There are two robbers on duty (they will be here even if they are surrendered to the general). Or you can go around by taking apart the planks blocking the access to the trunk. You'll find everything in the trunk except the money. You'll get the device you need in Salt Lake City. If they give "the device necessary in SLC" and money, then (it will not take away not be afraid. Money will take certainly 1500$) they will present you a unique leather jacket "Caravanshchik's Combination" as on it is written "Special clothes for the maximum mobile movement in desert conditions" increases speed of movement and removes almost all fines of movement on a map (speed of movement on mountains, swamps, etc. becomes much better). If you have a reward on the quest, then on the global map you may be attacked by three caravaneers.
There'll be a caravan man next to them if you helped him with the BBC. Give you some anti-radiation peanuts. You can also find out about the Black Caravan from him.
A caravaneer in a hotel can be played on a stimulant.
Trading 90 will give you access to an improved assortment of products in the shop next to you.
When you have a car, the dealer will sell more batteries and sell a lead on Skitter (improve the car).
At the location "Tire dump]" in the upper right corner, you can blow up a part of the tires (with a timer). Clear the way to the drawer with a few useful things.
The guy in the room can be a piece of "substance" in the case of Sam Phillips (a quest in Hard Rock Cafe), but only after taking the appropriate task from the owner of the cafe. You need a reputation with the caravaneers or 250 karma. This thing can be used to justify him and put him away, depending on what you tell the police. If you choose the second variant (to plant), get -10 karma and impossibility to arrange in cafe Big Louis Louis as the singer (if have executed all ruler of his quests and became the helper).
Café Hard Rock
We need to get a hitchhiker in here.
There's a junkie running around by the Hard Rock Cafe. If you talk to him, he'll disappear, but he'll come back later. Talk to him again, then use the metal detector in front of him, to find an item named Stranglehold. It's a guitar string that can be used to kill people from behind, while using Sneak. (Such kills will not yield experience.)
In the cafe itself, the waitress is involved in the Ted Bundy quest (if you're playing a female character).
There's a guy near the counter who's gonna give you a part of the body care kit after the dialogue.
In the right corner you may see a gamer, who after being talked to, will give you a quest to repair one of the arcade machines. Talk to the bartender before attempting to. To succeed, the "sum" of your Repair, Science and Gambling skills should be 120.
One of the visitors has a useful case (to steal and open on the layout). It is possible to open it either by lockpicking or by repairing it, you need high (about 75) values. In any case, for the autopsy you will get a significant minus to karma -75 (but it is worth it: +5% to criical).
Here you can also accept the job of delivering pizza (from the bartender) or go to the boss and take his quest. To perform the boss's quest, you will have to go to one of the caravaneers in the first location and get the evidence. The evidence needs to be given to the cops later.
To take a pizza quest, you need charisma 7 and Barter 60. All 3 clients need to communicate as politely as possible, then get bonuses in the cafe (20% discount).
There's a comedian at the bottom of the location who needs to be sent to New Reno.
The guy who lost his glasses. They're in the vicinity of a metal detector.
There's a ring where you can earn money and reputation. There is also a coach who increases the skill of hand-to-hand combat 4 times for 5% for $1000 per each training session. After the 4th workout, it increases strength by 1.
There's a tired jock near the ring. A woman with Charisma 7 and Sly 7 can give him a massage for 250 XP. There's an option for a man with an SLC Massager, but no exact info yet.
In one of the graves you can find a Rusty Katana. The grave is different from the others - it has a tire instead of a cross. This is one of the most powerful melee weapons in the game, has a range of 2 and costs less AP than the spear. It can be cleaned at a workbench (using Rot Gut and Flamethrower Fuel), so it would deal even more damage. (rusty katanas are also found on the "Kings gang" random encounter, if you walk around Las Vegas.)
There's a guy out front who wants to get his brother out of the slave trade. You can give him a note in a hidden mode and help him escape or just buy it back. For this, you will be given a walkie-talkie (any other radio will do), which can be used to lure the boss out of the office to scrounge through his safe. There's a receipt in the safe for the mayor's quest. It's impossible to record a dialogue with a slave trader on Pip Boy - it will burn you down anyway.
You can chat with the smoker outside if you have a slave trader's receipt, then at high combat parameters (Strength 9 or Unarmed 75) you can persuade him to give away the location of the nursery or where to find the "Black Caravanschiki", something of your choice. experience for choice is the same. We can talk him into quitting smoking, he'll give up his lighter for that. If you are a little to the left of it to look for a metal detector, you can find a "micro-nuclear battery".
You can use Science or buy the password from a single employee to access Hoover Dam.
If you turn on the radio, you can hear the conversation about the stash. We need to get out of the location and return, and then use Science (lockpicking also works) on the lantern. There's no need to leave the location. You've overheard it and you can have it right away. The lantern closest to the worker who walks in front of the entrance.
Bob Neal is looking for a replacement for the dam workers. You can buy slaves for him, but the best option is to give the Ghouls / Geeks / freaks a job.
At the intendant, you will need $500 or ten pizzas or if the hero is a courier of Nuka Cola, for 250 bottles you can buy a Pressure Regulator for Vault City
There's a golden Desert Eagle in the desk in the office, and that's cool! Compared to the usual one, it has a higher penetration rate (this is very useful because standard cartridges have double damage, but the penetration rate is reduced, this gun removes this weakness). The other characteristics are the same.
Electrical engineer Ed can offer you an upgrade of Pip-Boy (gives a skill "empathy"), as well as to improve the laser gun twice (1st improvement - piercing ability of the shot, 2nd - power + 50% but -50% shop and minus the range of the shot), plasma gun on the size of the store. You can also improve Power Castle to a Power Super Castle. Laser shotgun improvement - the ammunition has been doubled. Plasma Gun is a power boost and a good addition to the range of the shot.
There are Ghouls / Geeks / freaks living here. They're just a couple of quests and they all don't start here.
You can also use the radio to eavesdrop on the cops who are watching the ghouls. There's a little loot in the dungeon and the next building.
You can record the conversation with the freaks to blacken them in the police. If you did this by accident and don't want to give them up, throw the disc away.
The most important quest here is the mayor's quest. It's better to take it at once, though you can come with all the receipts. Callahan is one big bug. If you see him dead when you enter town, you've got the bug. Quest can still be turned in, so don't worry. But if he's still alive, don't talk to him at all. The rest of the conspirators need to chat (not enough receipts alone): the chief of police, mayor's assistant, head of the slave traders, freaks, the owner of the Monte 3 Cards Casino. You also need to talk to Neal at Hoover Dam to find out what it's all about.
To enter the mayor's office, you need a level 10, the rank of sheriff of Uranium City, or one of the receipts. To get a quest you need level 16 or Speech 90. Also, if you walk around the city and interrogate various key characters (such as the chief of police), you can ask the mayor and as a detective. You can find heart pills in the mayor's closet right there. Take them with you.
You'll be most interested in the police station here. If you do not perform the mayor's quest, you can take all the receipts here, but then the city will remain in full swing.
There's a guy behind bars asking for help. If you listen to him and go talk to Orris, they will ask you to deal with the problem, if you save the guy, then you will also be given expensive drugs (you can choose which ones). You can kill him with the poison that needs to be poured into the urn at the entrance. To let a guy go, you can use Dr. 80 to convince a cop that he's sick. Or go up to the casino cashier and use the sabotage skill on the book on the table. Also with this page you can talk to the prosecutor for another development of events, you can also talk to the one who passed it (the accountant Irwin), he is on the second floor through the entrance to the measure (a man in a white coat in the first room, standing at the table), or just pay for it a fine of $500.
There's a receipt the mayor needs from the chief.
The thief is near the Monte 3 Cards Casino, but when talked to, he runs away. To catch him, you have to walk up to him using Sneak. A Steal skill of 40 helps to find out what he's stealing because of his debts to Orris. You can just take him down to the station. To "pay off" the boy's debts you need to steal a Police Laser Pistol from the station (or you can look for a Neon Gangster on a global map near Vegas). You need secrecy (not to steal, and get out of the iron locker near the chief of police, in bad secrecy can be using the combat mode) or executed quest mayor. This is the best laser gun in the game. Everyone else (even the improved ones) is worse.
You can't fix Robocop at the police station, it's just a movie reference. When the main quest is over, the technician can upgrade the machine.
There's a lady right outside selling sandwiches. With stamina 5, you can talk to her about the cart and offer her help (you need scrap metal). Also, if you ask her, she will tell you about the problems that you can solve with the help of the mayor and Barter 80. Or the mayor's quest, then you won't need to trade. If you have already signed a contract for the supply of Nuka Cola with the Hard Rock Cafe, you can vouch for it yourself by telling the Mayor.
A terminal next to the entrance to the Minister of Culture's room will give you a stimpak, if you use Science on it. The terminal looks like a keyboard with red flickering lights and no monitor attached.
You can talk to the Minister of Culture and even convince him that things are not so bad in the wastelands (Science 65+). You can also ask him to meet for dinner to get a little more experience. The meeting place is in the casino across from the bartender on the same night. We have to wait at the next location through the Pip Boy until 20:00 and go back to the "Clean City". The minister's gonna be standing by the bar near the Nuka Cola machine.
Another receipt from the mayor's aide.
There is a newspaper machine to your right, as you enter Clean City, from which you can buy books to improve your skills, for $500 apiece.
There's a guy at the front of the casino trying to collect a debt from one casino visitor. The visitor himself is in the bathroom on the second floor. It is possible to pay his debt or to surrender or offer to cut the organ safely - you need a knife, an anesthetic and a high doctor skill (90). You can also take him out the back door, with an appropriate lockpick skill. Or you could just steal a receipt.
There's a guy standing by the treadmill wearing a tinfoil hat. Talk to him, then go to his room. If you talk to him politely and tolerantly, the respect in the city will increase. Be sure to visit his casino room on the 3rd floor. You won't regret it.
There's a man on the second floor of one of the stairs. If you rent a room, he will tell you all sorts of interesting things and sell drugs, he sells things for the game, honest and cheating, and also he sells "comics" and "Cat's Paw" magazines (useful at the SLC hotel), their range is periodically updated. He also has a very rare book on sale which increases his skills in "Barter". He can also teach the skill Gambling. There's a portrait on the wall next to him in his room. Using repair, it can be taken for yourself :-)
In one of the rooms there is a guy in a leather jacket and suffers (he is tormented because he drank in a casino bar, a beer which was intentionally added to the drugs in order to implicitly put the consumers. That's one of the clues. But we can do without her. We need to use the doctor's skill on him, and then talk to him. We're gonna need an Antismoker and Dr. 80. If you convince him to do without drugs (including antismoking) to ease the pain (break) will give more XPs and Karma.
You can find the recipe for an atomic cocktail in the big room.
Hal Wallace needs level 8 and a little bit of boorishness to get there, or if you've freed a prisoner in the BBQ, you can use his recommendation. If you record the conversation with him, you'll get all the evidence you need. You will have to find a drug lab and hand them over to the mayor, but first you need to leave the clean town and talk to Inspector Callaghan (if he survives, after the quest he will give you a super-stimulator). He'll be there even if he's already been killed.
There are several ways to find a lab: you can talk to a slave trader, you can talk to a dealer near the Hard Rock Cafe and find out about the black caravan, or you can talk to caravanists. Then you need to get in the caravan crew and you'll know the location of the lab. You can get in there and find another receipt, but you don't have to.
If Hal Wallace's mission is completed, he'll give the mission to steal Bob Neil's gun. Then, no more quests.
After completing the quest, you can still justify the freaks (all the evidence you already have), hand in the black caravan and the location of the kennel police.
Then it will be possible to hire the ghouls / geeks / freaks at Hoover Dam (you will need to talk or Science 70). Larry Geller will teach you how to make healing powders and stimulants as a reward.
You can either fight or bypass the kennel from below and get into the hole in the fence. That way you can get to the receipt in secrecy. If you have food with you, one of the slaves (the one in the building) will tell you a little about the area.
Entering the office will increase the secrecy skill in any case.
The receipt is in the desk at the farthest end of the building. In a computer in another building you can get information with Science, but without a fight it is almost impossible to get there. You can go there after handing in the receipt to Meru or the cops there. There will be no one at the Nursery (also most of the items from the tables/cabinets will be lost). Except for one guard, but he doesn't react to anything unless he's attacked. (if you kill him, he has an electro-whiplash) and a computer with information, you can come quietly, without a fight.
In a wooden house with a generator (which stands next to the house with a computer) in an iron locker is Expanded Lockpick Set (will be lost if you tell the police about the nursery) can open and simple, medium and complex mechanical locks for them (simple lockpicking +40%, medium lockpicking +35%, complex lockpicking +30%), in contrast to just a lock that opens only simple, medium mechanical locks and they have (simple lockpicking +20%, medium lockpicking +10%).
Salt Lake City
In a store with a reputation or Barter of 50 you can get a quest to kill Harrelson. There is also a gas suit needed for assembling Power Armor, and a map of the lake. If used, it will show the adjacent territories on the global map.
With 60, he's got a lousy assortment.
There's a knockoff Nuka-Cola trader in the middle of the caravans' parking lot. If you buy one bottle from him, you'll understand. You can buy from him or you can wait for a quest from the Nuka Cola factory.
A second trader (after talking to the sheriff) can tell you how to make Gauss ammunition.
Here you may be met by a homeless man, Chip, who offers to meet you in the slums. But nobody's found him there yet. The authorities must have stolen him for an anal probe.
There's a guy in the building who's in need of all sorts of shit right now:
Sledgehammer, gecko pelt (any), shovel, first-aid kit, 3 flares, rope, 2 empty flasks, metal scrap (junk), rubber boots, wrench and weapon parts. It gives you 3 days to collect, so you'd better take the quest when you have all the items. As a reward for this errand, you will get some money and 1000 experience.
There is a family in the house near the bar, you can chat with the boy and teach him to count.
There's a guy in a leather jacket in front of the bar who wants to rob the Quok Brothers. You'll have to have at least 50 Steal or the Grave Robber Perk or he'll say you're not right for him. If you have a high reputation in Salt Lake City, you won't be able to get his quest.
The street lamp can be turned off with Repair. You need to wait for the moment when the patrolling police officer is not looking :) after the robbery, the guy in the leather will offer you to personally divide the loot. 2000$ (which he shares equally, or 75/25 depending on your impudence and skills - you need either Barter 50 or Speech 80), but -100 karma. You'll get 2,500 experience, though. Both merchants raise their prices a lot after the robbery. More thieves can surrender if you talk to a patrol member during a robbery, for which you get 1000 experience and $3000 from the sheriff.
After a successful robbery, you can find him at the bar at the table. Ned's gonna tell us about the fake coins for the coke machines. You can find out more about them from the Canyon location. (and maybe give them a coin on the rope to deceive them. Each of its applications is 1 karma) and will also mention a certain stash, which can be found in the area of "Slums" in the electric switchboard ($1000).
You can sell comics and a cat's foot at the hotel ($40 + 100 experience for each magazine). There is also a caravanist with an encoder, which is needed on the quest from the factory. You can steal it, buy it for $1000 or $300 (depending on the reputation of the caravanist) or convince when there will be a quest.
Also at the hotel, one of the guests complained about the loss of the wallet. The wallet can be stolen from one of the running children in the same location and returned to the owner. You don't have to steal it, you just have to talk. He's gonna give it up like that or for money. Depends on which branch of the dialogue you go on.
There's another homeless guy on the left of the hotel. If you feed him properly ($50), you will be able to attach him to the traders or sheriff (you will have to talk to them). He can also be kicked out. Get karma and some experience.
At 4:30 p.m. or 1630 in military time or PipBoy time, you can see a fake hanging. Then you can take part in the process yourself. This will increase your Sequence (+2) and Speech (at low Speech values) and also worsen karma.
To cure a man suffering from consumption, you need to use the doctor's skill on him, and then the antidote.
The entrance to the secret hideout can be found with a metal detector behind the house where the patient lives. To detect an input with the help of a metal detector - the skill of a Outdoorsman must be at least 91%.
There's a kid out there looking for his dog. It is located in the Canyon location, a passageway to which, in the eastern corner of the Nuclear-Stake-plant. That's where the nuts grow and the pipe enters the Sewerage Station...
You can talk to the doctor about Vocas: Science or Doctor 50 will allow you to come up with a recipe for nut anti-radiation medicine together. You can also give or sell the doctor the filter from the Vegas Quest. You can also sell the filter to the Coke factory or sheriff. But first you have to go to the tower, which is in the slums. Funny thing - climbing on the tower temporarily get +1 to perception, but if you have luck less than 7, then coming down from the tower, you will periodically break your legs (the impossibility of running), while you are treated, the addition to the perception of flying :-)
If you come to him sick, you can get an additional way to treat infections.
A bibliophile lives in the house to the left of the location, he will exchange the heart pills (there are in BB and Vegas) for two necessary books. One will give a "practical anatomy" percussion (but needs an intellect 7 and a doctor/first aid of about 80), and the other will improve the car, you need a super preset (if you don't have a super preset, then the car, with the help of this book, can improve the buzz from the location "Tire Dump"] for 4 bottles of any alcohol and 4 sandwiches). A bibliophile also needs newspapers to teach them Gambling or give them a book to improve their skills (your choice). One of the newspapers can be found at the BM. (for Newspapers, see "Tricks Nevada" link at the beginning)
Intellect 9 and Speech 75 will allow you to gain experience when talking about a philosophical topic.
Next up, there's a girl with a bad husband. Charisma 8 or Speech 30 will allow us to offer her help. Next you can threaten (force 9 or level 10) the man or drink (Speech 75) with his poison. The man can also be persuaded to drink a bottle of alcohol in his backpack.
There's a moonshine guy named Harry Pig Rats in the next room with them. In his drawer you can take 10 bottles of "bloody Mary", and in the wardrobe is a jug with "Melassa" (needed for cooking at the stake: 1(one) jug with "Melassa"+1(one) flask with "Clean water"=10 bottles of moonshine).
The sheriff will give you a quest to bring in a bandit from Provo. You need to find a peaceful way in (the guy outside will tell you everything at 9, Speech 60, $100, level 12 or karma -250) and talk to the guy in the leather. He's not against being publicly executed if you're at level 22 or 110% Speech (ten percent!). The change will be a double award and a big reputation boost for Salt Lake City.
Then the sheriff's gonna let the rest of us kill the others and bring him their heads.
In the police station in the closet near the sheriff's quarters, there is a "criminal case", which is very worn out and old. It's an interesting and creepy story, and maybe it's for something.
If you're honest with the bandits (see paragraph above) and you're taking a quest to "Do justice for Gary Gilmore". Then the leader can get a counter quest for the murder of Sheriff with a long name Burton "Knut" Hickok from SLS (this quest will be at the leader's if you have not killed nor convinced Gary Gilmore to surrender). If you kill the Sheriff, you will get $20,000, +500 Expressions, -5 karma and get the most powerful cannon made of energy weapons.
It is still possible to take a quest from the leader "To make a sabotage at the plant of Nuclear Cola". It is necessary to poison at least two tanks "with a smelly brew". At the Nuka Cola plant there are a lot of them (the leader advises to go through the subway, but it is better to go to the tanks in secrecy just through the door). Get $20,000, -50 karma, +1500 experience. This quest can be taken even if you persuaded me to give up or killed Gary Gilmore. Do you want to choose whether you're good or greedy? :-)
In a house in a locked room in a closet. The "Powder grenade" scheme is lying around. A very powerful weapon. Only the plasma grenades are stronger and not much stronger.
Behind the house in one of the graves you can find a bottle of "Tasteful Nuclear Cola" is a moonshine Nuka-Cola! Poisoning and decently lowering the stats. You can try poisoning someone or it was added as a joke. (alternatively you can lower the stats to read books).
It's not much fun, but it's a place to be in the story. If you have a low lock-picking skill, you need to go to the lower left corner of the location and go down there in the dungeon. There you'll find the key to the door in the main building.
When you're crawling through the sewer, be aware that you need to press the computer at top of the stairs in the water room. When you flush out the water where there was water in the corner you can find the corpse of Ed (This is Easter for the movie "Pulp Fiction," where the hero Bruce Willis (the boxer) when he came home with the watch on his motorcycle, said to his wife at the question: "Whose motorcycle is it? - "Zed" - "Who's Zed?" - "Zed is dead!" ("Who is Zed?" - "Zed is dead!") Ed also lies at the exit of shelter number 13 in the first part of Fallout, in the mines of Redding and in the hold of the tanker in the second part, as well as in the shelter number 34 in Fallout: New Vegas and always with the same description - "This is Ed. Ed is dead.") He can looted and in a small alcove there is a very hidden, thin door to a secret room.
To start a train, you need to:
- clear the way - To clear the way you need to go up the stairs near the train, fix the generator, understand that something does not work. Fix the wires on the wall near the hangar door, in front of the train, activate the computer (upstairs) to move the barrels, detonate a bomb or light a lighter (there is one in the box nearby) the gate will be destroyed from the explosions.
- find a partner - Get in front of the Sheriff Station and talk to the guy outside, next to the entrance. He will tell you he will wait for you in the hotel until you are ready (cost 1000)
- fix the on-board computer - You take off the on-board computer and carry the equipment to a repair man (Nuka Cola factory is the closest one, cost 1000) or to the workbench and fix it yourself.
You need to get the Overseer's signal on a terminal in Radio Station in Battle Mountain in order to board the train.
There's a man named Stapleton, and two mini-shelters here. Stapleton will give a quest to kill the dogs (it is worth visiting again after the completion of the quest). He can also fix the computer from the train.
Mini-shelters look like an entrance to the sewerage system, look for them inside the houses next to fallen letters. Find some loot and a spare part for Vault City warehouse quest. In the second (not where the detail is) look at the poster - there is a safe behind it.
In Stapleton's backyard you can find a broken Pip Boy by using the metal detector. It should be taken to the workbench. Repair 30 and Science 75. After the improvement, you can "examine" yourself and know the level of irradiation (a built-in geiger counter!)
The Nuka Cola Plant
In particular, you can buy a license to sell Nuka-Cola. The price will change between 3000 and 2000 depending on your Bartering skill. You have to carry the paperwork with you to conclude contracts. Contracts can be made with the following institutions: 1) Hard Rock Café; 2) caravan parking in the Wind of War; 3) Silver Legacy Café; 4) Cotton Bar.
The first quest of the chief (Principal Skinner) is to deal with a counterfeit Nuka-Cola merchant in the caravan park. If you have 70 Barter, you can convince the manager to hire him. Or buy the whole batch from him. Buy almost all of his radioactive Nuclear Cola from him first, as it gives +1 sequence for each bottle drunk, it is very useful to get drunk before a difficult battle. But don't forget that each bottle also gives you +3 rads. (Leave him at least one bottle, which will allow him to go through his quest in other ways as well).
The second quest is to take the encoder from a caravaneer (see Business Center).
The third is the repair of a programmable controller for the factory. It can be repaired by a Vegas technician or Bikers. Or yourself on the workbench (repair 25 Science 80). If you give the controller to the director of the plant Skinner, you get 2000$ and 1500 exp. You can also take it to the doctor and get 350 coins. The fact that you don't just need a controller for the plant manager is directly explained by the mechanic Francis (when you actually get it fixed). The doctor proposes to give the controller to him so that the city could live better, because the automation of the Nuka-Cola plant will reduce jobs and some workers will be on the street. It only gives $350, but this is still +35 karma and 1500 exp. As he says, "Not everyone can sacrifice their income for the good of others." Maybe you can give it to somebody else.
There's a black guy (Tom) on the second floor that everybody dislikes. He gives a minor quest (doesn't show up in pip-boy) to deal with his enemy, Simon. To do this, you need to talk to the administrator, who will say that she has lost her keys. If you ask Tom about the keys, he will tell you he stole them to plant on Simon, but hid them in a toilet (and then took a shit on them!?) You have to put the keys in Simon's locker (the middle one) and report him to the administrator. Then Tom will give you a gas suit. You can report Tom to the admin instead, and Simon gives you the same suit. You can turn them both in, but it's not gonna solve the situation.
Here there is an entrance to the sewer system (Do not go in unless you have the quest to find the lost dog. Otherwise you won't find the dog and the location will hang if you go to it later for the quest). If you can repair the entrance, you can get into the sewer system and find a skeleton with a lot of good things, and from there to the basement of the Nuka-Cola plant. You can also get in from the plant, but if you don't already know where the entrance is it's very hard to find. There in the locker is a gas overalls and various useful things, and in a wooden box near the stairs leading to the factory is a very cool reference to the follows 1 and 2 :-). If you look for a metal detector on a peninsula with an "uncomfortable chair", you can find a broken micro-nuclear battery.
In the skeleton that lies in the sewer you can find "Things"" metal plates the size of a regular coin, they are needed to get a Nuclear Coke without money. After the first use (on a Nuclear Cola machine) you will automatically learn how to make them on a workbench or from any technique other than Francis (which is near the Nuclear Cola plant). He's done them before, for which he got a serious butt plug from his superiors and doesn't do it anymore). But don't forget, every dishonestly received karma bottle is -1. If you steal 20 bottles of Nuclear Cola machines with the help of "Things", you will get the skill "Cola-maniac" stealing +5%. If after that you confess everything to the director of the plant (he won't believe you anyway) you will get +5 karma.
A little town you visit as part of the main questline. Here you can fix the electricity, make the Bikers leave town (you need to clear Hawthorne first), ask the Bikers about Jay Kukish, cure the girl (with a first-aid kit or doctor's skill), bring the girl Nuka-Cola (you can always get karma and experience for each bottle, and after 10 bottles will increase the reputation in the city), establish trade with the caravan merchants in New Reno (but the shop will not open until the final exactly), help a guy join the Bikers - you will need painkillers and a gun (any 10mm) and the skill of energy weapons 75. Or he can be persuaded to stay.
We're gonna have to run around town to fix the electricity. First we need to start the generator. Then dig through the shield to start the electricity to the transformer. Then fix the transformer itself. The last thing you need is to find the electric panel at each house and fix them. They are all the same, but they don't look like a normal electric panel.
There's also a quest to corral the brahmin into the stalls. Push them until they are in the pen. If the character does not have enough Strength, then you'll have to equip a cattle prod (and then push them; no power will be consumed) Simple, but long for only 300xp
The hardest part is finding this place. How to do this will be described in the "plot" section, although you can find it earlier.
At the first location there is almost nothing but one of the body care parts and an old newspaper (for the bibliophile at Salt Lake City).
If you look for a Metal Detector near the daughter of the archivist, you will find a weapon called "Flail". And next to the dryer behind the generator building, you can find things with the Metal Detector and you will find a Stimpak.
Phil's can upgrade your car's speed for $2,000.
You can buy the Bikers a beer.
Phil's gonna ask you to fix the bikers' reputation with the Nevada Express. They're accused of assaulting a stagecoach. Next, there are a few options for developing the story:
It's easier to do that in Black Rock. When we get there, we need to search the robot and pick up the holo disk. Then you will have options: give the disk to the guards and fail the quest or give it Tuco and perform.
There is a third option for a quest solution, gives more experience, needs Science 75, that holo disk from the robot's corpse and talk to a stagecoach worker in metal armor at the Silver Legacy hotel.
After completing the quest, Phil will give you the second part of the Power Armor blueprints(the first part can be obtained from Wind of War technician).
When you need access to the radar station, Phil won't let you in first, then he'll open the door himself - just talk to him. You don't have to wait for his permission, you just steal his remote from his door.
Before starting the station, the generator must be re-tuned from the outside, using a repair. Before boarding the train in Salt Lake City and going to Gracious, you will find the Overseers signal inside the Radio Station's terminal.
Location with a lot of useful loot, but no quests. Bring a few supplies of RadAway and Rad-X with you and a strong weapon(and/or fire weapons). You will need it.
On the taxiway you can find a computer that mentions the radio station in Lovelock.
There is a jammed hatch on the crashed plane that can be opened in various ways: blow up Dynamite nearby, use a Sledgehammer or crowbar (strength check), repair with tools/repair kits (repair check), or to use thermite(?). Inside there are Motion Sensor and a few other useful and expensive things.
At the second location you must first fix the electricity, otherwise the doors will not open. Scrap Metal and a high level of repair will be required. After that, the doors will open, but randomly (it's a little annoying).
In the building right next to the power plant there are officer's notes on the floor - an interesting read. And in the other wing, there's a safe (Perception 7 and Lockpick 80) with a gas cylinder. There'll be two more of these safes.
There's also a minigun on the floor in one of the rooms (the one opposite the room with the officer's notes).
The next location will meet you with a horde of aliens.
Inside the base in one of the boxes you can find Alien Power Cells for Alien Blasters.
You can find a lot of useful information on the computer, including information about Vault 8. There's a second safe with a gas tank right there.
If you have a low lockpicking skill, go to a room with a pile of incomprehensible biomass. You can take a keycard from an unfortunate ghoul stuck in the biomass to open all doors. You can also go to the computer (Science 82 is exactly enough) below and open all the doors through it.
If your lockpicking is pumped up, then you can immediately go up and to the right and find there a third safe and some useful loot. In the table is a sheet with passwords from all safes (including for the gas canister). Here you can also find a Stealth Boy and a computer with information on how the gas cylinders are used.
In a small room is a Pressure Helmet, which is needed to build Power Armor. Next to it is a device in which the cylinders are placed and a gas attack can be launched. To prevent the gas attack from harming, you can wear an anti-gas or anti-radiation suit and calmly wander around the base.
In the room with a computer there is a control panel (in the table) and the possibility of activating self-destruction of the base. Intelligence 7 and Science 75 will allow you to fix the turrets. If you left any aliens alive on the surface, you can use the turrets to wipe them out. Science 100 will enable the self-destruct sequence and destroy the base.
A computer in the side corridor will allow you to activate the force fields. Those fields can be used to block or kill wandering aliens. There is a remote which can be used to toggle individual force fields by using it near them.
In the next location there are some more batteries for the Alien Blaster, but the enemies here are harder to kill. There is also an emergency exit from the base.
Somewhere on the base you can pick up a set of Power Armor blueprints (near a computer with self-destruct activation in a table with a control panel for force fields.) Also there is a portable lab device "CL-3000", which can be used like a camp fire/laboratory table (in the laboratory, next to the room with the unit, for a gas attack).
You can arrive here only by plot and only by train.
At the location itself, except for the entrance to the shelter there is nothing interesting.
Inside you will be greeted with turrets that can be destroyed with weapons or in a cunning way with the help of a coil of cable that lies in one of the boxes. Use the wire on the trolley and turn on the switch.
In this shelter hang two punching bags, each adds 5% to the skill Unarmed. But only up to 200% (even 201% is not obtained).
Going down you will find the clinic where you will see the Overseer and Jay Kukish. In order to interrogate the Overseer, you will need (First Aid 90 / Doctor 75) or use 3 Stimpacks.
Immediately next is another centrifuge.
The computer on the wall can show you the lower floors, but you will not learn anything particularly useful there.
In the cabinets you can find combat armor and various useful loot. The door can be blown up with plastic, which is enough here. But you can get around in other ways.
Near one of the bodies (just on the floor) lies a special card, in the table you can find a holodisk with a history of refuge (funny reading matter, nothing more). There is nothing more interesting here, except that there is a presidential safe with a complex lock and a large amount of money inside, but at this stage money is no longer particularly important.
You can go down through the backdoor or through the elevator.
To access the server, you need a key card from the previous floor. Comp will tell a lot of interesting things, but will not do anything. Generator you can blow up, but because of the bug, this will allow you to turn off the turrets only on the same floor.
In the caretaker’s room there is a map to enter the president’s room. It is necessary to take it and go down even lower.
After the destruction of the turrets, you can talk with the president (save before that in a separate slot) ... and kill. 990 HP is not a joke. After that, you can leave the base. In conversation, you can attach him plasticity and there will be no fight. Killing is not necessary, it is enough to have high Speech, how many: mass options
- you can give all the answers;
- intimidate with the threat of explosion;
- you can inject poison - he will die immediately (the poison lies next to the corpse);
- you can steal a doll from him, he calls her "my darling" and threaten to tear her body parts off;
- you can persuade the world to see.
There is one more thing - it is better to look for them yourself, but the percussion tips here will not help you.
At the exit you will be greeted by a Collector of Souls. With level 18 or Speech 75, he can give you some details, but then he will still attack. He will constantly heal himself and regenerate broken limbs, so it may take a long time to beat him. He has 500 HP, not counting the full recovery. He has the most powerful gun in the game. Don't forget to pick it up after winning.
Your assistant will sit in the house, talk to him and dump. He will turn out to be an asshole, so if you were damaged badly you will be healed before the trip.
After exiting the train station you will receive a message from Vault City. CM. plot.
First you need to talk to the doctor in Vault City, then with the sergeant who will give the quest "remember everything".
You need to get access to the bunker (see New Reno, Stadium). Underground, with the help of the "Crumpled piece of paper" (you have it from the start) you unlock a door with a computer talk to bikers. This will open the Bridgeport location (see Bridgeport).
Upon your arrival in Hawthorne a message from Jay will appear in your Pip-Boy. You need to take a Signal Jammer and install it on radar equipment (see Hawthorne). If the conversation with Jay Kukish does not begin after that, then you need to go to Area 51. This is a bug.
After that, a conversation with Jay begins. After the conversation you need to remember to pick up a Mysterious Device from the floor. He might say that he left it in Area 51, but this lie. It's right under his feet.
After that, go and hand in the device in Vault City. The plot will advance and you will be sent to look for the Overseer. Sometimes the script may not work if you arrive by car and immediately go to the Vault City location.
To find a ranger, you need a radar installation in Battle Mountain. You will need good karma or money for Sheriff
In Battle Mountain, you need to start the generator in the building, then try to open the door and talk to Phil, who will open the door. The computer will have information about the direction to which the Overseer was taken.
A driver will be needed - this is one of those comrades who tell stories about lost work and ask to throw a job. The easiest way to find one, is the guy wearing a combat armor outside the Police Department near the entrance. He will request $1000, and the rest $ 1000 for a ticket to the Salt Lake City.
Then, the driver will be waiting for you at the hotel in the Business Center of Salt Lake City and can be sent to the railway station once everything is ready.
At the railway station, you need to start the train and you will find yourself in Blagodatnoye (see Beneficial).
Go and explore the vault, once you are finished and will come outside there will be an ambush waiting for you. It will be formed of a boss and few soldiers. Boss can be killed but will be resurrecting multiple times, if you sneak or run fast enough you can avoid the fight, it will not affect the ending. You would just meet another character in the next stage.
After leaving the railway station, a message will come that in Vault City the situation is critical and you need to rush back.
Come to Vault City and talk to the soldiers. If you are not rude, then you will be taken to the colonel peacefully. You can kill (a good ending for Vault City) or give it away (a bad ending for Vault City). After the conversation, you can start a fight, so do not rush it.
Now you have couple of options:
- Fight the boss and the soldiers - good ending
- Give up the device - bad ending
- Kill two soldiers on the entrance level and sneak into the lift to the control room on level 3 and choose from two options again, both good, but slightly different.
If you go along the combat path, you will get cool partners: a robot (you must first repair it) and Sergeant Graves. If you want to make the Sergeant stronger, then when you take him into the group, put in his inventory (theft) armor and any light weapons with ammunition, in the dialogue with him press "behavior" and press the "best weapon" and "best armor" buttons that you gave him, the stronger the weapon and the stronger the armor the better, but keep in mind that he will not give them back. :-)
On the second floor in the middle room on top in a metal cabinet lies "Combat Armor".
P.S. The "Tireless" perk will make the game continuable. And there will be much more interesting. For example, it is worth looking into the BR.
If you play after end game. Partner Robot will stay with you. And sellers have a lot more weapons (including a Gauss rifle and other no less funny trunks, which previously simply did not come across).
Taken from here