Salt Lake City
History[edit | edit source]
The city was destroyed by 13 nuclear strikes during the Great War. In the Fallout: Nevada universe, these attacks occurred mainly in the northern part of the city, where the military base was located, so almost the entire post-war population was concentrated near the southern outskirts of the city.
Before the Salt Lake War, a huge number of family mini-shelters were built. The population survived the war in these shelters and came out of them with different frequency, which made it very heterogeneous in mood and conviction. This has caused many internal conflicts. Later, the sheriff brought order in the city with the help of Soul Collector. A part of the former criminals took refuge in a settlement Provo in the south of the city.
At the moment, the city is in a deplorable state because of unsanitary conditions, unemployment and high crime. The player can improve local living conditions or bring them to a state of mora.
Areas[edit | edit source]
- Business Center
- District Ogden
- Nuclear plant cola
- Sewage canyon
- Railway depot
- Mormon temple (unrealized location)
Related quests[edit | edit source]
- Quests plant nuclear-cola:
- Quests Sheriff:
- Commit justice to Gacy </ span>
- Eliminate Provo </ span>
- Quests of the main plot:
- The train needs fuel </ span>
- you need to repair the turbine to start the train </ span>
- Need a guide to send by train </ span>
- Other quests:
- Missing Dog Case </ span>
- The artesian tower needs a cleaning filter </ span>
- Commit "theft of the century" in the city center </ span>
- Resolve Merck Issue </ span>
- Help a beggar with work </ span>
- Kill Sheriff Salt Lake by order of Provo </ span>
- Expand the trunk of your personal car </ span>
- Unmarked quests and events:
- Teaching Math
- Bring Vernon Heart Pills
- Bring Vernon Disinfection
- Bring a scouting magazine to the hotel owner
- Brahmin egg dispute
- Participation in the dramatization of hanging
- Pharmacist training in water treatment
- Kill dogs for one-eyed outcast in slums
- Bring diaries from Government asylum to an outcast in slums
- Build Power Armor "Bear"
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Representation of the city largely conflicts with the design documents of Van Buren.
- City layout is based on the real city of Salt Lake City. For example, the club "Tin Angel" exists in reality.
- The area of the Mormon temple was not implemented, but you can get there by pressing button 5 in the boot location window. True, the card is empty. In the archival materials posted on the project site, there is a section describing Mormons, their area and quests, however, the author warns about their lack of forethought and controversy.